Virgin hair caramel balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combsandbrushes

Reaction score
Hey. My client has virgin base 6 hair and is lookin for caramel balayage. She said she's wanting her hair tinted dark along with caramel. I'm going to talk her to just getting the caramel balayage done as her own colour is lovely and would compliment the caramel tones. My question is I'm looking at 8/7 + 9% do u think itl go caramel enough with this or do h think I'm best bleaching then toning? I use Wella. Tia.

Caramel is just a meaningless description in hairdressing terms. Going by your suggestions, my version of caramel is probably much warmer than yours, for instance.

Has she shown you any pics of what she's after? Perhaps you can post something along the lines of what you're trying to achieve and then you might get some formula suggestions. Also, have you done a search to look at previous similar threads for ideas? It might help.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471893941.712212.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471893954.604344.jpg

These are the pics Iv just been sent that she's looking for.

Ugh... The Carmel challenge! i think it depends on how she lifts to see what you need to tone with! I would think to try a 6% developer. I think that also depends on how fast you work.

Bleach & tone for sure

I can't see her hair in front of me, but you will need to bleach and tone for sure to get the lift of those photos without it looking brassy. You could however make use of her virgin hair and give her a multitonal look by using a highlift meant for darker hair on some pieces, such as B2 with 40 volume, by Schwarzkopf and the rest with bleach and tone at sink after. The B2 has a blue base, just enough to counteract orange tones and give you a warm lighter brown which would mix well with your lighter "caramel" tone.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472368418.188467.jpg

So this was the end result! Ended up bleach with 6% then toning.

What'd you tone with? Looks pretty good
Tip: brush through the curls with your hands to blend them when you're done. It looks way more sultry and natural xx

2pics of after. She was virgin hair before.

What'd you tone with? Looks pretty good
Tip: brush through the curls with your hands to blend them when you're done. It looks way more sultry and natural xx
Toned with 9/17. Thanx for the tip will keep it in mind.

Latest posts

Back