Volume lash training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I know theres alot of volume lashing threads but I have a specific question.
I'm friendly with a lash tech we both do classic lashes. This last couple of weeks I've been looking at volume lash courses, then when I saw her the other week she asked what I thought about it, I said I'm interested but the courses are just not something I can afford right now. She said oh you don't need to do a course it can be self taught! I said yeh you can sort of work out what you need to do but the courses teach methods/techniques etc and you'll need to be qualified for insurance.
She said well it just comes under lash application with insurance! I'm not sure to be honest I know you can watch videos etc but you have to be qualified in everything now don't you, if she teaches herself surely she wouldn't be covered by insurance?!
Obviously there's things you can do like nail art or stamping nails and you don't have to do a course in that to offer it but lashes just doesn't seem right?

Some insurances differentiate which is why you get accredited courses for this despite students having to be fully qualified in classic lashes.

You can teach yourself pretty much everything in life from driving a car to building a wall but that doesn't mean you are going to do it right. As a therapist we have the obligation to provide a safe treatment to our clients so it should be worth the training. After all your business relies on your reputation and if you want to offer a new treatment it's worth doing it right for the best treatment outcome and safety for you and your client :)

Latest posts

Back