Voucher for free treatment - advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nifter

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I am just trying to get up and running and a friend has asked me to do a raffle prize for a local school. I've said I'll do a free manicure but just wondering - on the voucher should I put an expiry date and, as I'm mobile, should I put the areas I serve? Just thought what if someone wins it and gives it to a relative who lives miles away, I'd have to honour it. Any ideas? What do you do? Thanks xx

I would put an expiry date on it :)
and yes I would put a distance on there. or somthing like so many miles and they have to pay for any extra.

That's great. Thanks so much :D

i would put an expiry date and personally as it is a free one i would put a 1-3 month expiry date on it so they have to have it sooner rather than later and you know it's out the way in time for busy periods. I would also put your usual gift voucher terms and conditions on it, that it can't be exchanged for another treatment, it can't be exchanged for cash, no change is given, the voucher must be given at the time of payment so no voucher means no free treatment, photocopies and damaged vouchers will not be accepted...

as for the distance i would put you travel X amount of miles from your postcode and anything over that up to X amount of miles is charged at £X per mile and unfortunately due to time and petrol cost you are unable to travel any further. Make sure you tell your friend that you have put that and that the voucher is only valid for people in certain areas. Work out what areas you can roughly travel to and write them out so you can pop it with the voucher.

I don't usually do vouchers for raffle prizes because i find a lot of people i meet at these events live way too far away for me to compensate going to their homes but i do live in quite a rural area. Good luck :)

The only other thing I put is 'This is a charity donation' because other wise you lose the good intent it was given with. You find that people give them away as a present as if they had bought them, which really annoys me. The receiver then asks to change it for another treatment and all goodwill is lost!

The only other thing I put is 'This is a charity donation' because other wise you lose the good intent it was given with. You find that people give them away as a present as if they had bought them, which really annoys me. The receiver then asks to change it for another treatment and all goodwill is lost!

ooooooo this is an excellent idea. i like it!

Good points about non-exchange and the charity factor - thank you!

Latest posts

Back