wages help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjan19x

Reaction score
heloo ! just want some advice !
been doing beauty for 5 years , worked in my current salon for 3years and have alot of experience. i work full time, i make alot of money for the salon way over my weekly salary everyday !!
im on £4.60 !
shall i be getting more? im qualified in nvq 2 and 3 , and all other things like reflexology, indian head etc !
i want to see on average what a level 3 qualified and experienced beauty therapist gets paid :)
thanku all xxxxxxxxxxx

heloo ! just want some advice !
been doing beauty for 5 years , worked in my current salon for 3years and have alot of experience. i work full time, i make alot of money for the salon way over my weekly salary everyday !!
im on £4.60 !
shall i be getting more? im qualified in nvq 2 and 3 , and all other things like reflexology, indian head etc !
i want to see on average what a level 3 qualified and experienced beauty therapist gets paid :)
thanku all xxxxxxxxxxx

The current UK minimum wage if you're 22 is £5.52.

The minumum wage for 18-21 year olds is £4.60.

HM Revenue & Customs:National Minimum Wage

If you're 22 your employer must by law pay you £ 5.52, if you're not 22 yet unfortunately they're in their rights to pay you £ 4.60.

Mike

Have I got this right that you are saying you're earning £4.60 per hour? If this is the case and you're 22 years old or above and not genuinely self employed, you're not even on the minimum wage and it's illegal. :irked:

Sounds like if you've got plenty of clients and they're keeping you busy, you need to be renting space. Your employer's having a laugh with his/her bank manager and the joke's on you! Turn the tables and work for yourself. :hug:

I just came from a spa where they were on commission. And because I wanted to go right back to work after coming home to the US I took a commission job. After about a yr and a half you should have a comfortable clientel and then that is when you want to rent a space. you have to know that you have to make it happen for you. It is then your turn to help the next up and coming tech, stylist or whatever get their feet wet. That is how I feel it should go in the Beauty Industry. there is plenty to go around.

Chanda Jenkins
Head Angels
myspace/partiesbychanda
United States

Latest posts

Back