Wahanda

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionista

Reaction score
How many of you use it and have you found it useful for bringing in business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had 2 bookings, both re booked, one came (I just done my kim lawless intimate training so was wanting models) cause it was cheap and the other cancelled so to be honest not worth what they are taking % wise as I find it's people out for a deal x

Ok thanks they do take a pretty big percent so I just wondered. X

Ok thanks they do take a pretty big percent so I just wondered. X

20% + VAT, for a £15 treatments I got just over £11 x

They don't take vat I don't think? Do they?

I usually just pay 20%
It works fairly well for me as I'm charging full price for treatments. It is good to fill in the quiet periods and as it ranks highly on google it's good for getting you seen and trusted online. Lots of people see me on wahanda but call directly to book me thus saving me the 20%.

Good to hear some positives as well. I do extensions so it's a high price point, 20% of £250 is £50 out of my pocket so need to know its worth it. I'm on there but haven't been properly using it and just trying to decide whether it's worth investing my time into it. X

They don't take vat I don't think? Do they?

I usually just pay 20%
It works fairly well for me as I'm charging full price for treatments. It is good to fill in the quiet periods and as it ranks highly on google it's good for getting you seen and trusted online. Lots of people see me on wahanda but call directly to book me thus saving me the 20%.

I asked them and got an email back saying 20 plus the vat but I thought that would be 40%, I can't work out what they do lol x

I asked them and got an email back saying 20 plus the vat but I thought that would be 40%, I can't work out what they do lol x

I would assume that the vat is charged on their cut - however it's always good to double check and not just work on assumptions!

Assuming the treatment is £20:

÷ 20% = £4 wahanda cut

£4 ÷ 20% vat = 80p

Wahanda cut + VAT = £4.80 :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just checked and your right! They do charge vat! Annoying but there we go.,,

I would assume that the vat is charged on their cut - however it's always good to double check and not just work on assumptions!

Assuming the treatment is £20:

÷ 20% = £4 wahanda cut

£4 ÷ 20% vat = 80p

Wahanda cut + VAT = £4.80 :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That makes sense! I could not work it out but maths is not my strong point lol x

A colleague of mine uses it and found it was not worth it so she switched over to BookMyCity and I'm considering doing that as well...
It's not salon specific, but they don't take a percentage. There are some monthly paid packages. If anyone has tried BookMyCity, let me know if you think it's better than Wahanda.

I found Wahanda useful at the begin - helped to fill gaps and run offers when I needed to get people throughthe door. These clients wrote a lot of good reviews and these reviews made more people call and book directly.
I found no difference in the amount of bookings between paid and free listing, so would not recommemnd to upgrade.
Because Wahanda pay the customer £5 per review and give £10 voucher every couple of months, you may find that even your exisiting clients might use them for bookings and you will lose money, as their commission is high. I mean, even if you don't run an offer.
I actually upped my prices specifically in my Wahanda profile (to cover the commission), as no amount of loyalty cards and other things will deter clients from doing it. It also attracts a lot of deal chasers who are loyal to their £5 voucher, not the salon.
You also have to monitor diary daily and block out slots as soon as someone books directly, as it is difficult to then reschedule if you are double-booked (people get annoyed or are difficult to contact).
I still use it, but will always prioritise direct bookings.

I found Wahanda useful at the begin - helped to fill gaps and run offers when I needed to get people throughthe door. These clients wrote a lot of good reviews and these reviews made more people call and book directly.
I found no difference in the amount of bookings between paid and free listing, so would not recommemnd to upgrade.
Because Wahanda pay the customer £5 per review and give £10 voucher every couple of months, you may find that even your exisiting clients might use them for bookings and you will lose money, as their commission is high. I mean, even if you don't run an offer.
I actually upped my prices specifically in my Wahanda profile (to cover the commission), as no amount of loyalty cards and other things will deter clients from doing it. It also attracts a lot of deal chasers who are loyal to their £5 voucher, not the salon.
You also have to monitor diary daily and block out slots as soon as someone books directly, as it is difficult to then reschedule if you are double-booked (people get annoyed or are difficult to contact).
I still use it, but will always prioritise direct bookings.

Hi,

Understood that Wahanda charges 20% of the total transaction amount paid by the customer. My question is how Wahanda ensures that the salon is honest in reporting the transaction amount? Is Wahanda booking system tied to your POS and hence, Wahanda will be able to extract the transaction amount from the POS?

E.g.: (1) A client may have book and attend the appointment. But, the salon can claim that the client didnt show up- hence, no transaction is made.

(2) A client may have book a hair cut+ color through Wahanda. But, in the end, the salon may claim that the client just did the hair cut- hence, lesser amount of commission to be charged.

Thanks.

Hi,

Understood that Wahanda charges 20% of the total transaction amount paid by the customer. My question is how Wahanda ensures that the salon is honest in reporting the transaction amount? Is Wahanda booking system tied to your POS and hence, Wahanda will be able to extract the transaction amount from the POS?

E.g.: (1) A client may have book and attend the appointment. But, the salon can claim that the client didnt show up- hence, no transaction is made.

(2) A client may have book a hair cut+ color through Wahanda. But, in the end, the salon may claim that the client just did the hair cut- hence, lesser amount of commission to be charged.

Thanks.
I think they pay Wahanda and book through wahanda and then they'll pay you minus their fee.

I think they pay Wahanda and book through wahanda and then they'll pay you minus their fee.
This is exactly what they do I am thinking of getting rid of it as I have only had a handful of clients through it in the 5 months I have been on there. They also charge you a monthly fee so clients can book through them, on top of there commission for the bookings.

I had a client book through wahanda for a treatment i dont offer, and its something ive never offered either so ive no idea how they were able to book it. The price was also £5 !

From the information i gathered, the customer needs not necessarily to pay through Wahanda as they can choose to pay at venue. In that case, i am not too sure if Wahanda still charge the 20%.

Also, I came across Beautybooked who offers similiar services and also takes a cut per transaction. It seems like clients need not to pay via Beautybooked. So, again I am not too sure how this kind of booking apps ensure that the salon is honest and diligent in reporting the actual transaction amount.

Unless the consumer info in the booking platform is tied with the salon's POS system and some kind of report will be generated to Wahanda?

I have found it great for my business. Yes they take a 20% fee but you have control of the prices you set and times you offer. For example you can block out time for any busy days that you do not want filled with wahanda clients. I offer a discounted rate on certain times or days I know are quiet but my busier days are not discounted. I have had repeat bookings and good reviews. Also they put their widget on my website and fb page so my clients can book on line. This has been really successful, I was surprised by the amount of people that like to book this way normally late at night or when we are closed and they only charge 20p per booking as opposed to 20% which I think is worth it for the amount of business it has generated. Most of my clients have booked through this widget rather than wahanda and I think it has been worth the money. I have gained lots of new clients from the online booking.
You do have to make sure you regularly book out time for your existing bookings to avoid any double bookings but I am in the habit of doing this every day and I try to block out my time a few weeks ahead so I stay on top of it.
I would recommend it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back