Walk Me Through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claddagh Nails

Irish Geekette
Reaction score
Please walk with me on how I’m going to do a full set of L&Ps on a nail bitter over the weekend. Let me know if I’m going to go wrong anywhere along the way or if you have advice, tips or a better way to go about dealing with nail bitters.

Now I haven’t seen the nails yet, but I do believe they are badly bitten at least half way down the nail bed, with a large build up of non-living tissue (cuticles). This young lady has never had a full set of nail enhancements or any form of manicure, she has however had false nails/designed tips put on and basically bitten them off and in her own words ripped off.

So this is what I was going to do………………….

1. Carry out a full manicure (Spa or Solar), paying particular attention to her cuticles the evening before (she staying with me for the weekend). Send her to bed, hands covered in Solar Butter with those little gloves you can wear at night on.
2. Next Day – Perform a mini-manicure, making sure all non-living tissue is removed.
3. Do major PREP!
4. Follow Ruth’s (Nailsinlondon1) tutorial on tipping a bitten nail.
5. Keep the length quite short, almost flush with the finger tip.

Now this is where I may go wrong, so any help will be great.

As I don’t want the smile line to look like its half way down the nail (seen this done, looks so false). I’m going to do the following:

6. Use natural color powder for the free edge (zone 1), apply it to where the smile line will look most natural (hope you know what I mean, not follow the cruve line of the tip) and give a look of longer nail beds.
7. Then apply flawless pink to zone 2 & 3 and hope it hides the line where the natural nail has been tipped.

What do ye think, do I have every thing covered???

sound good to me! I have never had to do badly bitten nails yet and i am dreading it!! be sure to take some before and after pics xx

Perfect :D

And if you can, get her in a week later to remove the tempting bits of loose skin and buff off any tempting corners etc. :lick:

Trin
xx

HI, you should make her a very happy girl, with those nails........and I agree, weekly maintenance for this client or any nailbiter.
If you find the flawless pink a bit too pink you could tone it down by adding some perfect white into it.........just a thought.
A before and after photo shoot would be great!!!

sounds good, i think i have spell for nail biters i have had quite a few the past few weeks, and i have told them weekly maintinance too. My friends who is a severe nail biter and picker didnt last a week last time. I wasnt impressed!

Thanks Girls for all your replies.

Quite looking forward to doing them now, first bitter & my first client in almost two years seeing last weekend was a no show.

Eyes sore this morning from reading & reading on all I could find about bitters.
Zoe have found some really nasty pictures (hubby not a happy bunny after looking at them) on the damage nail bitting can cause, so hoping this will scare her into stopping.
Will do my best with the pictures, hopless at taking them, what will I be like putting them on the PC.

Thanks again

Sounds like you'll do great hun!

Good luck and let us see some before and after pics!!!!!

Latest posts

Back