Wall of fame and wall of shame

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeesbeautyspot

Reaction score
We need this as some way of referring staff, we need to put their pictures on either a wall of fame or a wall of shame just like they do in rouge traders. That way we will make less costly mistakes when recruiting and employers will be acting at their own discretion employing these let downs. Same as when we have a high performing staff member we can show them off and improve their chances of recognition. Of course poaching is an issue but a staff member who can be bought isn't one to be trusted anyway. Just a thought!

But we are not all in it together when it comes to business. What another salon wants to do in terms of a staff member that I may not be super fond of is their business not mine. You need to learn to move on when someone leaves or you have to fire them. Giving them any of your emotional energy is a waste. Spend it on the good staff or clients you have in a positive way instaed.

We need this as some way of referring staff, we need to put their pictures on either a wall of fame or a wall of shame just like they do in rouge traders. That way we will make less costly mistakes when recruiting and employers will be acting at their own discretion employing these let downs. Same as when we have a high performing staff member we can show them off and improve their chances of recognition. Of course poaching is an issue but a staff member who can be bought isn't one to be trusted anyway. Just a thought!

I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to work for someone with an attitude like this, and who really is to say who deserves to go on this wall of shame ? The only people who would prosper would be the Lawyers dealing with all the libel/defamation cases.

As regards naming and shaming people, please remember that that is not allowed on this site ;)

What an awful idea! I wouldn't blame your staff if they all left you in the deep!

I have had more than my fair share of theives, nutters, drunks, a hooker, and drug addicts over the years. When you twig and get rid, the best thing is to count your blessings that you are rid, and move on. Carrying the hatred on is very counterproductive.

As for my best staff, I would prefer to keep that to myself! There is always someone with a bigger pocket than mine, and there are no scruples in business.

Can't believe you actually think this is a good idea :(

To negative for me .
I too have got burned by back stabbing liars in the past but you have to get over it and move on or you risk getting bitter and paranoid I think.

A much better way would be check out their references, trade test, water tight contract and trust your gut instinct.

Good employees are headhunted in many an industry and a better deal in T&C's, especially in this day and age would be hard to turn down for anyone. That you could be on a wall of shame for leaving for better pay, working environment or being a bit pedantic about the time you finish seems extreme to say the least.

Employers could just as easily be put on a similar list by disgruntled former employees as there's always 2 sides to everything, but that wouldn't really help anyone. This industry has a good amount of cattiness as is. If someone gets burned from hiring the wrong staff or working for the wrong employer, the best thing to do is learn from it and move on.

Employers could just as easily be put on a similar list by disgruntled former employees as there's always 2 sides to everything, but that wouldn't really help anyone. This industry has a good amount of cattiness as is. If someone gets burned from hiring the wrong staff or working for the wrong employer, the best thing to do is learn from it and move on.

Couldn't agree more :)

very mean spirited! I would hate to be put on there because I didn't get on with my boss. Personality clashes could be a lot of why someone might be seen to be a great employee by some and a rubbish one by others!

yes and how could it be trusted anyway...you could easily have a situation where someone wants to blacklist a employee/employer because of a vendetta of some sort or just out of spite.

And you seriously think you are allowed to do that how about people put your face on a wall of shame for employers if this is your attitude it's no wonder you've been treated the way you may have been with staff if this is how bitter you are about staff then you should give up as this is life x

Glad your not my boss!!! Maybe you need to look at yourself to see why you feel this is a good idea? Maybe your staff treat you like poo because your a bit of a tyrant? Sure sound like it to me.
Post has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth :-(

What an awful idea this post should be removed and not be given any time of day!

If its a reminder of what kind of reference you give for past employees, you must remember you cannot give bad references, you can refuse to give one or you can give a basic reference stating start and stop dates etc and would you employ again, but I think i'm correct in saying you are not allowed to write a bad reference.

Personally I wouldn't like this idea. As has been said there are usually 2 sides to every story. In my opinion 3 because others jump on the bandwagon when it comes to staff, managers/owners, employers and things can get thrown out of proportion. People are inclined to exeragerate the truth, employees and employers.

How do you differentiate between a good employee/bad employee because everyone has a different perspective. One salon may think WOW, he/she is good whilst others would think HECK, why did I employ that person. This is where references come into play and if you cannot get a reference from a previous employer then you can make a judgement based on that.

On a lighter note (and gawd knows we need one)

Is a "rouge trader" a market-stall for make-up? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back