Want to convert from Shellac to Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmyc23

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to covert to gelish how have you found it? Iv not had a good experience with shellac the training was very basic and I could have easily learnt it from online I'm looking for better training and gelish offer a lot more choice colour wise
Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I'm looking to covert to gelish how have you found it? Iv not had a good experience with shellac the training was very basic and I could have easily learnt it from online I'm looking for better training and gelish offer a lot more choice colour wise

Gelish is amazing and they have won awards for their training x

My Gelish training was fab and the tutors are always there if you need help. I haven't tried a gel polish that has been as good as Gelish xx

I did the exact same thing. I started with CND shellac in the spa I worked in and started growing my own collection for my in home clients - training was 'okay'...... Then I decided to take the Gelish course just to expand my knowledge on gel polish as at the time those were basically the only two gel polishes available where I live. I completely fell in love with the training. After working with Gelish and getting more experience with it, I can easily say that Id chose Gelish over CND Shellac any day! I still work with both, and I could never say I 'dislike' Shellac - but I very rarely buy any new Shellac colours for my studio and anytime I have a new client I recommend Gelish before Shellac and always try to convert my original Shellac clients to Gelish.

I Converted a year ago from shellac and haven't looked back. It has literally transformed my business xx

I'm another converter and I know at least two other nail techs in my area who have also converted :) Shellac has it's place and is a great product but for me I'm a gelish girl through and through ;)

Might I also add.... When I didn't know much about Gelish I always thought it was a new brand trying to copy CND Shellac because of their marketing 'skills', and at the time I didn't know but looking back I feel like my CND Shellac training really brain washed us into thinking shellac was THE one and only and first ever! (Mind you this was 6 years ago) Not sure if they're as strong on the brain washing as they were then. But during my Gelish training I realized that Shellac was actually launched over one year after Gelish (if I remember correctly). Ever since I always question Shellacs advertisement....

Has anyone tried Jessica GELeration? It's miles above the rest and last double the time! X

Has anyone tried Jessica GELeration? It's miles above the rest and last double the time! X

My clients last 3 weeks, but could go longer. Double that would be 6 weeks.
I'd rather they came back after 3. More earnings for me too!

My clients last 3 weeks, but could go longer. Double that would be 6 weeks.
I'd rather they came back after 3. More earnings for me too!

True but it's much better for the nails too :)

True but it's much better for the nails too :)

How can it be better for the nails? There is no damage to my clients nails at all, as I do not buff before application and use a nourishing remover. The gel just flakes off.

If clients have their nails on for too long, this is where the damage usually begins. The stress points are in a different place and usually the client hasn't adapted to this in their daily chores. I find it important to encourage my clients to keep up with the 3 weekly appointments. Some of them book in for every fortnight, but I have reason to believe that these clients primarily just enjoy my company. Which is fine by me too.

I have treated clients with who have had gelish and shellac and their nails had been damaged. The Jessica GELeration allows flexibility to the nails and allows nutrients into the nail bed. Jessica is a lot more expensive than other gels but this is the higher end of the gel market, it's also a natural nail company so is the best for keeping nails hydrated underneath. If gelish works for you then good on ya, keep it up.

I trained with gelish first and loved it the training was really useful and helpful, when I moved salons they trained me in orly, I really disliked that brand! Clients would come back the next day and they had all peeled off in the shower, or even from just washing there hands! Would never recommend that brand! I now work for myself using shellac because it's a lot more popular in my area, but I am trying to change over to gelish

I have treated clients with who have had gelish and shellac and their nails had been damaged. The Jessica GELeration allows flexibility to the nails and allows nutrients into the nail bed. Jessica is a lot more expensive than other gels but this is the higher end of the gel market, it's also a natural nail company so is the best for keeping nails hydrated underneath. If gelish works for you then good on ya, keep it up.

I don't doubt what you say at all. You have no proof that it was the gel that damaged their nails and not the nail tech applying or indeed the client.

I have had my nails ruined by a fully qualified nail tech, and I watched a shellac demo at college by a tutor, also fully qualified, and she didn't follow even the basics correctly. She also said that nails need to breathe.

Doug Schoon has interesting theory about "allowing nutrients into the nail bed". Worth a read if you haven't already.

Gel polish doesn't damage nails, dodgy nail technicians do. You don't know what the nail tech did before the gelish or shellac was applied therefore the tech may not have followed correct procedure.
I really Don't mean to be rude but you sound like you've been brainwashed by the brand you use 😄

Gel polish doesn't damage nails, dodgy nail technicians do. You don't know what the nail tech did before the gelish or shellac was applied therefore the tech may not have followed correct procedure.
I really Don't mean to be rude but you sound like you've been brainwashed by the brand you use 😄

I couldn't agree more...Brand brainwashing happens far too often in our trade! Products tend to get shoved down our throat, and some brands make us believe that all other brands are BAD! I find when a company is like that it's very unprofessional therefore when we tell clients other brands aren't good making us look unprofessional. I admit to having been a victim of that in the past too!!!! No brand is really horrible, it all depends on what YOU and YOUR CLIENT enjoy the most at the end of the day.

Hi,

Why convert? Why not use both?
I'm a trained cnd master artist and love shellac but this year have also built up quiet a large gelish collection. I LOVE how quick led cures which I hope something cnd start using soon as I can often paint nails quicker than the uv light can finish.

However some clients say gelish doesn't last as long and visa versa with shellac.

Some people like the bright colours, others not so much,

Why not offer both and give your customers even more options? This surely will only make happy customers.

For me I like both just as much and will continue to buy colours from each range that I know my customers will love.

Well I would like to try gelish as no one in my local area offers it so it would 've great to promote, i love the amount of colours on offer too! I am unfortunately not able to get in touch with the local trainer so until I find somewhere to do the training I will have to wait :(

I'm trained in shellac, and I offer gelish. Nail harmony said I can purchase from them as I'm a trained professional. So far my findings with gelish is that a lot of colours need 3 coats. I know you get double the product of shellac, but it is slightly more expensive. So far I have only 5 colours, but they are lovely and bright. As a small company, only me, I find it hard to stock both colours when new seasons come out as I'm putting all the money back into stock at the moment. I would say, try it on your self and see what you think first before you invest heavily x

I forgot to add, I love how gelish top it off doesn't go gloopy half way down the bottle though, I wish shellacs top coat didn't do this!

Latest posts

Back