Warfarin/Blood Pressure Tablets and Lifting...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
I’ve been wondering, I know some medication can affect acrylic nails but I was wondering, can warfarin or high blood pressure tablets cause nails to lift after a week (week and a half at most)?

I have been on warfarin for over 5 years and I am on it for the rest of my life and my acrylics never last more than about a week and a half before I have to infill them. I thought I was doing something wrong but I had some done by other nail techs and they needed infilling after a week….

Same with my mum… she is on alsorts of different blood pressure medicines though and other stuff but she does pick a little…. Could I be doing something wrong? Or do these medications affect it? Or do some people’s nails just grow faster than others?

I had a client on Warfarin, she had fibreglass enhancements and had nothing but problems (lifting etc), so much so that she stopped her appointments, I put it down to her medication as I wasn't getting the problems with any other client.

Some people's nails do grow very fast compared to others, I have one lady in particular whose nails grow 1/4 of her nailbed every 3 weeks :eek:

I had a client for 4 years who was on Warfarin, we got no lifting whatsoever (sadly she's no longer with us)

Maybe it depends on the person as well and their own personal body chemistry?

Thanks for the responses xxx

Latest posts

Back