Washday Blues - Different options for washing your clothes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlise

Reaction score
OK, I know this is a completely random thing to post about, but I'm helping my daughter with her homework !

She needs to do a scientific report on 4 different products that can be used to wash your clothes with.

So far I've come up with traditional detergents, soap nuts and laundry balls. I still need one more and am not doing so well with my searches on the web. Any suggestions ??

Secondly, if any of you have used soap nuts or laundry balls, how did their effectiveness compare against traditional detergent for stain removal etc ?

I know we all come on here to get away from our house work and laundry, so I do apologise that I'm asking questions about such a dirty subject :lol::lol:

Your help would be appreciated.

Marlise

I have to say.....the best stain remover i use is fairy liquid......i coloured my daughters hair black yesterday.....and got some on my lemon top :eek:....i squeezed some fairy liquid on my top and then rubbed it in well.....

Have to say the colour was coming out as i was rubbing it in......put it in the wash and when it had finished i looked at my top and it was all gone.....SERIOUSLY.....i am using fairy liquid again and from now on!!....

The best thing for getting bol sauce out is if its raining for 2-3 days put it on the line.....or put it in a bowl of water and leave till the satin has gone....:green:...hth xxx

Hey you,

It's my first day back on the site and I'm slowly working my way through my pm's etc. and getting back in touch with people. You were next on my list !

Thanks for the link :hug: I'll go have a look and see what they say.

M.

Thanks for the handy hints and tips. In this country leaving your washing on the line for 3 days while it's raining, isn't really a problem :lol:

However, I need to know what the effectiveness is for the 4 detergent options is that I've chosen as mentioned above.

So if anyone's used these before, please share your experience.

Thanks

M.

I have to say.....the best stain remover i use is fairy liquid......i coloured my daughters hair black yesterday.....and got some on my lemon top :eek:....i squeezed some fairy liquid on my top and then rubbed it in well.....

Have to say the colour was coming out as i was rubbing it in......put it in the wash and when it had finished i looked at my top and it was all gone.....SERIOUSLY.....i am using fairy liquid again and from now on!!....

The best thing for getting bol sauce out is if its raining for 2-3 days put it on the line.....or put it in a bowl of water and leave till the satin has gone....:green:...hth xxx

i know it might sound daft but what about bashing your clothes on a rock , in the river , you know like they used to do years ago :lol: how more eco friendly can you be than that !!

Latest posts

Back