Wasn't I good enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma Little

Reaction score
Last year I qualified in Level 2 Beauty Therapy and after I qualified I decided that I wanted to do an apprentice in my Level 3 but because of my age Salons didn't want me.

In the end I found a little salon that was perfect for me because I lacked confidence and they was happy to support me.

It's a hairdressing salon run by a mother and daughter.

I would do my beauty side occasionally but mainly helped around the salon like a junior, I've even had to go out and get lunch for them and coffee like a PA.

Everything was fine, I'd arrive early for work and sometimes the daughter would be late to open up and because I had no keys I'd have to wait.

They decided over Easter that they would have a work experience so gave me 2 weeks off.

When I got back she started acting weird and I was in the room when the daughter said to s client that she was good and she was passionate and she could do an apprentice

She also employed a university girl who is studyng social media As an editor for there Facebook page she got paid more than me.

That sent alarm bells and afterwards I could hear the mother and daughter talking to the clients saying they was getting an apprentice and I was the last to know.

I've wanted to leave since I found out but never found the time to say.

I've never really felt like part of the team, I felt like the mother would make things into a compotion too see how many client we got each and she would always win.

Since beginning of June I did start getting a few clients making atleast £20 or more a week.

Sadly she sat me down and told me that I'm not bringing money to the business and she won't financial be able to pay me when the apprentice comes.

I know I shouldn't take it to heart but I literally just feel so miserable and don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I knew it was going to happen it's my birthday 10th July.

I wouldn't take it personally. It just sounds like it wasn't a good fit for you.

Keep looking for the perfect salon for you and perfecting your work. This ol' saying is true; when one door closes, another door opens. I speak from a ton of experience.

Best of luck to you and Happy Birthday!

Yes , don't worry. OnwArds and upwards. Sounds like a boring place to work anywAy. Keep up with the beauty. You will get better and more confident as time passes. Things like this happen in life. It all makes us stronger. Lots of love to you xx

The decision sounds like it was more about them than you. Best off out of it to somewhere that isn't afraid to employ you more rewardingly.

Last year I qualified in Level 2 Beauty Therapy and after I qualified I decided that I wanted to do an apprentice in my Level 3 but because of my age Salons didn't want me.

In the end I found a little salon that was perfect for me because I lacked confidence and they was happy to support me.

It's a hairdressing salon run by a mother and daughter.

I would do my beauty side occasionally but mainly helped around the salon like a junior, I've even had to go out and get lunch for them and coffee like a PA.

Everything was fine, I'd arrive early for work and sometimes the daughter would be late to open up and because I had no keys I'd have to wait.

They decided over Easter that they would have a work experience so gave me 2 weeks off.

When I got back she started acting weird and I was in the room when the daughter said to s client that she was good and she was passionate and she could do an apprentice

She also employed a university girl who is studyng social media As an editor for there Facebook page she got paid more than me.

That sent alarm bells and afterwards I could hear the mother and daughter talking to the clients saying they was getting an apprentice and I was the last to know.

I've wanted to leave since I found out but never found the time to say.

I've never really felt like part of the team, I felt like the mother would make things into a compotion too see how many client we got each and she would always win.

Since beginning of June I did start getting a few clients making atleast £20 or more a week.

Sadly she sat me down and told me that I'm not bringing money to the business and she won't financial be able to pay me when the apprentice comes.

I know I shouldn't take it to heart but I literally just feel so miserable and don't know what to do with my life anymore.

I knew it was going to happen it's my birthday 10th July.

Happy Birthday for then. Be happy to leave and build your confidence, do a couple of good friends in between to gain confidence back. I once worked in a father/son business and when they have there little gang up sessions it does knock your confidence around..You are meant to be somewhere else!

Latest posts

Back