Water marbling, does the polish matter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Delights

Reaction score
does it matter what polish you use to do water marbling as i have been told some are to thick!

ifso what are the best options.

My girls try this constantly but never to any great effect I think thin polishes work better however

i have seen it done and look amazing but it never worked when i tried it will have to just trial and error i reckon thanks

Hi, I use Barry m polishes but the water I use room temp filtered water x

I have a post on my blog that's a quick step by step

It was when nails were a hobbie rather than a job so it's not technical but my top tips are

- use distiller / filtered water at room temperature
- use quality polishes Barry m / rimmel & china glaze have worked fab for me
A- use a white base if you want the colours to pop!
& lastly don't forget to clean your water after every nail. by dropping a bead of polish and gently skimming pulling it over the full cup wait a few seconds then take the top layer off

Good luck!!
Xxmwa

http://shahildarboutique.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/water-marbling.html

thankyou do u find the polish has to be quite thin or do most work?

I liked Barry M too as its quite thick and also fab range of colours :)

Wonder if the sandwich bag method would work for shellac?

I liked Barry M too as its quite thick and also fab range of colours :)

Wonder if the sandwich bag method would work for shellac?

Doesn't the fingernail fixer do something similar with shellac to make decals? Can't remember where I saw that maybe YouTube

does it matter what polish you use to do water marbling as i have been told some are to thick!

ifso what are the best options.

It doesn't matter if your polish is thin or thick, you just need to drop it close to the surface of the water otherwise it will sink to the bottom. I use filtered room temp water, it seems to work the best.

I've also tried the Baggie method too, it works but you just have to wait for it to dry. I do it the day before I plan on using it.

i have about 50 opi polishes and only about 15 will marble. china glaze seems good for marbling and alot of people say sally hansen works well too. drop one drop of polish on the water. if it stays a blob then it will not work for marbelling. if it immediatly spreads out in the water then it will work. this i what i found from trial and error. i have to say though you use alot of product and so its quite costly. i have found cheaper polishes tend to marble well so i bought some from superdrugs mua range £1 a bottle and use that. so far they have all marbled

Avon work amazingly :) xx

Who am I to say but I do it alot actually..... I use a GLASS cup and room temp tap water, OPI and China glaze.

I use a orangewood stick to break open the first drop ensuring it goes from one side to the other of the glass. Be quick so you can drop next colour in and so on the first drop is the BE all end all FOR IT TO WORK!

Attachments

• 424664_354432961308421_1160971930_n.jpg
    424664_354432961308421_1160971930_n.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 156
these are what i have done with Avon polishes and some sally hansen, and china glaze, it is all about testing them to see what works well, glitters are a big no no for me i havent found one that works without splitting xx

Attachments

• marble.jpg
    marble.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 214
thank you all x

Latest posts

Back