Water marbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEBotchett

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with water marbling non-gel polish??
If you have could you please advise me on the best make to use as I am a bit stuck here with blobs of all sorts floating lifelessly in glass bowls :(

I've seen success with CND Vinylux - Divine By Design has produced a video on water marbling with Vinylux - worth a look.

xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I have had success using OPI and China Glaze polishes, some cheap supermarket polishes too. You really have to experiment to see what works best - some polishes just drop into the water and don't spread. I've even had examples where polishes worked great in the water, but once I dipped the nail in and lifted it out, the Polish ran everywhere. Seriously, experimenting is key.

Fail at this miserably :( i keep having a go at it but still no success! Xx

As I only use Gelish or Shellac on a daily basis, I tend to use the "no water" marbling technique and find you can get just as pretty results - very effective xx

Don't forget you have to work fast so the polish doesn't get much of a chance to dry. Don't work near a fan or window, I even try not breathing near the cup lol Why you are drawing your design, don't put your orange stick of whatever you are using through the outer rings, most likely they are dry already

I find it best if you use tepid water, not cold, and also don't drop the polish in from a height or it will sink to the bottom in a blob.

I find it best if you use tepid water, not cold, and also don't drop the polish in from a height or it will sink to the bottom in a blob.

Ok, very messy as I didn't tape up my ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382822836.106435.jpgnail... But was too excited lol

I think a lit more practise is needed and A LOT if masking tape lol xx

As I only use Gelish or Shellac on a daily basis, I tend to use the "no water" marbling technique and find you can get just as pretty results - very effective xx

Ooh I didn't think u could do it with shellac? Please share xxxx

I think a lit more practise is needed and A LOT if masking tape lol xx

Paint pva glue round your nails then just peel off! Or search etsy for something called 'nail bibs' they are brilliant!

Pva glue!! Never thought of that, brilliant idea x

Ooh I didn't think u could do it with shellac? Please share xxxx

Hey xXxCaZxXx - I use "no water" for my Shellac marbling :

Apply Base (cure)
Apply colour coat (cure)
Apply 2nd colour coat - leave wet and apply drops of a different colour (not too many or it could wrinkle during curing)
With a fine detail brush swirl through the dots until you get a cool pattern.
Less is more - if you "swirl" too much it could end looking like a muddy mess.
Cure, then topcoat and final cure.

Have a play on some colour pops - it's good fun!

xx

This was my first attempt at water marbeling :)

I tend to use OPI and china glaze, some Leighton Denny colours workok too. It's really just playing about to see which polishes work best, also make sure you use filtered, room temp water xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 190
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382879382.369210.jpg
I did it with opi and Leighton Denny. I painted round the nails with oil before dipping then just wipe the excess off with a cotton bud

Ok, I finally had time to have a proper go today..... My first attempt....ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382883095.982197.jpg

Latest posts

Back