Water Marbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhanced-Barbie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today I tried to do some water marbling with nail polish, but it seemed to just set straight away and create a skin on the top of the water, which would just drag around the surface when I tried to marble it...

Any ideas what I was doing wrong?

I am thinking it could have something to do with the water temp, I was using luke warm water, because thats what it said to use on the YouTube video I was watching...

Thanks for any help :)

the answer for me is simple, persevere! tok me ages to get the hangof it! also some varnishes dont work and you need to be mega quick doing it, hth x

Everytime I try to do it with luke warm water, it sets straight away....I've started using cold water and found it easier...but...I haven't mastered it yet and am still practising...I also found that you have to change the water between each nail or remnants of each polish stay on the water like an oil film....its not easy!!

Try this way
Tutorials By Victoria

You don't have to worry about water temperature. You don't have to waste any polish, there's no clean-up to do on surrounding skin.....
The method works on full nail as well as just for a french.

Another way: apply polish to one nail (full cover), while still wet, 'drop' 2nd and/or 3rd colour (do it quickly), and while STILL wet, pull striper brush through the colours this way and that, as much or as little as you like.
DONE.

:green:

Well I tried this again today, with cold water and it was so easy and looks quite cool!! My limited collection of polishes means that the colours arent too interesting, but I think it would look great with some neon colours!!

It uses a lot of polish though, so its not something I would do often, or offer as a service, but always good to be able to do a variety of things.

I did a one day nail art class where we did water marbling. I did 2 nails in different colours and they were perfect,then I came home to show my husband and daughter and it didn't work.
I don't know what kind of polishes were used but they didn't have a brand name.
All I know is you have to be quick, obviously the polishes can't be water based and glitter polish doesn't work either.

Latest posts

Back