Water Retention

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
4 months ago I went on holiday and my feet, ankles and lower legs swelled up pretty bad, after two trips to the doctors they did start to go down.
When I got back home I went to the doctors as they started again but not as bad, I got put on water tablets for 2 weeks, quite a high dosage. This helped but after about a week of stopping them it came back.
I went back to the doctors who took blood tests, all came back negative and he gave me another dose of water tablets, this time for a month.
They worked again but came back when I stopped taking them.
Its mainly my ankles now but they are painful and when I go to the gym I am finding my leg muscles can't seem to do what they used to do as they are really sore.
Does anyone have a similar experience and tried herbal remedies etc.
I'm back off to the docs tommorow but simply because my boyfriend has been going on and on as he's worried and I toss and turn trying to get to sleep because they ache.

Hi Marie ~ hope you get some relief soon Babes.
I dont know if this will help at all but my Granny has bad aching legs and problems with cramp, she drinks Tonic water before bed as the Quinine in it helps to thin your blood thus preventing the aching/ cramp.
Hopefully bumping this up might mean someone else has any advice they could offer
HTH
KxXx

nemotail said:
Hi Marie ~ hope you get some relief soon Babes.
I dont know if this will help at all but my Granny has bad aching legs and problems with cramp, she drinks Tonic water before bed as the Quinine in it helps to thin your blood thus preventing the aching/ cramp.
Hopefully bumping this up might mean someone else has any advice they could offer
HTH
KxXx

i am taking tablets to stop the night cramps and they are working.
I feel like a granny at the moment. LOL
I have to travel down to Plymouth at the beginning of next month and have chose to fly as the thought of sitting for 8+ hours in a car or train with my pudding legs is a no no.
I'm off to the docs again this morning, if I get no joy I'm off to see a chinese herbalist to see what they reccomend.

I suffer from fliud retention badly in my feet, more so if I work more from home sitting at my desk for long periods of time and when I travel long distances, I personally find the following works really well for me... I do this twice a day when the fliud is up..
I get a bunch of celery stalks and juice them in my juicer, they don't taste the best so I juice a bit of apple with them to soften the bitteress ( or fruit that you like ... I have a mango tree in the yard so I go for it when they are in season ).. celery is well known for getting rid of excess fluid from the body ( natural diretic)
You can see or phone a natropath for advice. Here is a link for the UK, type in fluid retention in the product search and a few products will come up.. or click the 2nd link :)

http://www.elixirhealth.co.uk/

http://www.elixirhealth.co.uk/asps/search.asp
HRI Water Balance Tablets , 50 tablets. Helps relieve water retention & maintain a normal body fluid balance.

here's another that may offer advice...

http://www.thinknatural.com/article_search.php?s=fluid%20retention

Good luck with it....Hope this helps you :)
xox

Latest posts

Back