Wax course, where to look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayanigirl

Reaction score
Hi girls I'm here from nail geek . I'm thinking to do a wax course . I have not got any knowledge of waxing . I live in coventry . West Midlands , while doing research I found out that NSI do waxing course in Manchester 2day and Melton mow early 1day for £175 . Kim in Essex do a day course for £250 . Any advice .... I made mistakes while choosing nail course and took me agesssss to rectify it . This time don't want to make any mistake . And I wanted to know how long approximately it would take me b4 I start charging . I know it depends on practise but is it a long procedure as Acrylic nails .... Or would you say it's a bit easy than nail . Thankyou in advance . Any advice greatly appericiated x

Kim Lawless all the way!

I did my NVQ and was always believed I was a pretty competent waxer, I chose to train with Kim after the glowing reviews on here so that I would confidently be able to offer intimate waxing, college was a joke on this front, and I am so incredibly pleased I chose to do Kim's course, I now wax more and more confidently and efficiently. You'll also have a whole lot of fun too.

Kim Lawless, Wax Queen, Brazilian Waxing Expert

What if I don't want to offer Brazilian wax . Would that put clients off ?? Will I still be able to get clients ... I think I'm gonna go with Kim ..so what's included in basic waxing course .. Not intimate and Brazilian wax ...is that a separate course . I would have thought so . So no one here has any experience with NSI waxing course ?

You don't have to do the intimate course, you could just do the speed waxing which covers the almost everything except intimate. You will still get clients but as Kim will tell you. ..you'll never get rich from waxing legs...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try doing the Kim lawless waxing course the woman is amazing!! Best course I did by far!!!

Does she do training across uk? Done waxing at college but would like to learn intimate x

I believe she does travel yes- but largely based in Essex. I'm doing her course in February.

Why don't you message her on here? She's usually more than happy to help!

Generally she is Essex based. I am in South Devon and waited a good year for travel dates and finally accepted that it'd be easier amd quicker to travel to her. She is busy enough based where she is. Hopefully Kim will be along shortly or even better just give her a call.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I have been waxing confidently for over 12 years, and always said I would never offer intimate as I didn't think there was the call for it and I just didn't want to do it. As our business grew, I tried to persuade my daughter to train in intimate but she didn't feel happy to, so I bit the bullet and enrolled on Kim's intimate waxing course. It was fab. I love intimate waxing because Kim has given me the confidence to put my clients at ease, and that is quite a skill!

I trained about three weeks ago and have already covered what I paid for the course, sometimes doing 3 in one day, which is great for someone just trained! I am promoting intimate waxing as no-one near me does it properly, and my clients can tell the difference.

Hope that helps

Vicki x

Ok I'm going to do the course . Anyone from birmingham ,coventry wants to enroll so we can go together . I'm going in march let me know .x

Ok I'm going to do the course . Anyone from birmingham ,coventry wants to enroll so we can go together . I'm going in march let me know .x

I'm in stoke and considering it which course are you doing I'm thinking both I want to do intimate

I did speed and intimate with Kim last month and am so glad I did both as initially I was only going to do speed. I did my Mum straight away and another friend/clients Brazilian and feel confident. I love waxing already and hope that I can build it up because I enjoy it and it's a good earner if you can do intimate well.

I'm training in Gloucester in March (I think) but email [email protected] for info. Hope to see you there.

Ladies, thank you so much for your lovely comments. Xx

Kim, will you be doing you male waxing in Gloucester?

Ah that's brill I live in Cheltenham which is near that!! I'll book after Xmas :)

Latest posts

Back