Wax nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
I waxed my mums lip, neck & chin on Thursday & when I saw her yesterday I couldnt believe what a mess her face is (sorry mum!). Its all lumpy under the skin & theres what looks like a 2 inch 'scratch' on her chin. I really dont know whats gone wrong, its never happened before. I used a different wax (Sallys own brand) because I couldnt get hold of the usual wax Ive been using. Any ideas?

Poor Mummy!!

Sounds like the wax is not up to the quality it should be for facial waxing.

I use Perron Rigot hot wax which I love, but did not really like using it on the face. I use Perron rigot Crystal Ocean, very gentle but very effective.

Also you need to lay down a very very fine slick of oil on the face before you start. Wipe it on and wipe it off.

The lumps under the skin sounds like a histamine reaction - Periton or something similar will help with that.

The graze on the chin - you weren't trying to wax around the curve were you? You mustn't try to wax on a curve - do it in small flat sections.

Savlon or any other antiseptic cream will help.

When waxing the face you have to be very careful to support the skin at all times and ensure you are removing hair in the direction of growth.

I always use a wax strip cut in half lengthways for facial use. This gives more control over the removal.

Also make sure you remove the wax strip quickly back on itself and not upwards.

Hope some of this helps. Don't let it knock your cofidence too much, this has happened to every therapist at least once.

And if it hasn't happened yet, it will. At least once.

:hug:

Yep, agreed... it will happen to everyone, it happened to me, not on a client, but on my own upper lip... more than once! For some reason I think I am invincible and I wax over the area again!!! Something I would never do on a client! So totally my own fault :( !!

I use salon services (Sally's) tea tree creme wax and i've never had an issue, except on myself ( I double wax areas on me too!!) was the temp ok?
Kim x

It can happen to anyone I guess but as a extra precaution I apply talc to any area about to be waxed x

Latest posts

Back