Wax spill disaster - please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaFox

Reaction score
After doing a mobile wax treatment I always put my wax pots in a bag of their own - just a carrier bag so when I put them into my case along with the heater, spatulas and all my other products any stickiness etc. on the pots won't go over my case and other items.

I'd been at Capital to buy some odds and ends, plus some fab new OPI colours which I showed to my client and put back into their Capital bag...or so I thought :o

When I got home I noticed I'd put the polishes into the wax bag and the pot had spilt :Scared:- I now have about 4 nice OPI bottles COVERED in wax, plus a pair of tweezers and scissors which I had to throw in the bin. Is there anyway to clean the OPI bottles so I don't have to bin them too?

I have wax cleaner but I'm a bit worried about it getting into the bottles as it's quite a harsh chemical and I don't want them ruined that way.

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Hi Hun,
I would try surgical spirit.
You can get it from your suppliers or a chemist.
Hope that helps. X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry! When you're watching EastEnders tonight, just sit with a nice hot hairdryer and some solvent or baby oil and melt the wax and it's come off.

Just logged on to say a quick thanks for the suggestions. Kind of ended up doing a mix of both - hot water and a little surgical spirit. The heat in the water along with a little elbow grease took the wax off a treat, now my bottles are even more sparkly than when I bought them lol x

Pop it in the freezer and chisel it off, it should start to separate if you can't be bothered put it in the dishwasher for a week and it will look good as new!

Latest posts

Back