Wax/tint oddness, photo attached

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi
I tinted and waxed a regulars brows before xmas.
She has little brows to work with as it is so I'm always that aware of how much i wax.

I carried out my normal tint and wax. Didn't think any different from other times when she left.

Then i got this photo. At no point did i think oops I've gone somewhere i shouldn't with the wax and to do it twice would be a miracle.
I told her to come straight in and tint again but it didnt take at all and it didn't look lile it had been waxed

I cant figure out what's happened as I've never had this happen to her and shes been coming to me for a couple of years

Any explanations for this to happen ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200206-165613_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-165613_WhatsApp.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 61
I am clueless as to the problem other than she has so few brows I mean what miracle are you expecting to perform???
Added to that perhaps because it's winter her hairs are so slow to grow and poor quality that they won't behave like they normally do.
Is your client on the change or taking meds you don't know about? Just a thought that popped in my head.
Is the tint a new batch? Also try using blue/black if necessary as it's really dark.
I'm not much use but some clients expect a pig's ear to look like a silk purse as the saying goes....perhaps leaving them for a full 6-8 weeks she will have a bit more to deal with for the future. or maybe say goodbye and she can send her moans to another salon!!

Last edited:
If her brow hairs have become thin over recent years then perhaps this is continuing to the point where she is getting gaps?
I have a lady like this, only a few hairs left to tint and none to wax off. She has a complicated medical history.
Last time I tinted her brows she phoned a few days later to say the tint had gone (even though usual process followed) so she came back in and I used black tint and left it on for a good 20 minutes (so much longer than her usual timings). This then stayed put.
I have advised and informed her about the option of semi-permanent make up in the future as I think this is probably her best route eventually.

Latest posts

Back