Waxing advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brightbeauty

Reaction score
Has anyone used Caronlab waxing products?
I have bought their hard wax and was wondering if they do a skin oil to apply before waxing?
In the past i have used Lycon and with their hard wax you must apply an oil to the skin beforehand so the treatment is gentler on the skin.
I am a bit weary of using the Caronlab hard wax without a skin oil. Does anyone know if its ok to use without the oil?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, ive used the caronlab waxes and the pre and post range. I was not comfortable with the idea of using any hot wax without oil, I did try it out on 2 willing victims, who said that it seemed to hurt more without oil, I also noticed the top layer of the skin coming off. I ended up just using it with a pre oil and it worked fine, loved the brilliance hard wax, very little redness post waxing. My main reason for not sticking with it was that its not strong enough to do the back bit on Hollywoods, if you do it on all fours in one big section, if you know what I mean x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Caron Lab Brilliance and pre and post products. Pre wax oil is not needed and not part of the system, you can use a little powder if you are concerned - it will not cause any issues.
I have never had any issues with it removing skin (perhaps this was a temperature issue - may have been too hot?) Brilliance has been specially developed for brazilians and delicate areas and I have had no issues using it for these things, I used to wish it would set faster but discovered they have the quick set spray for this so no longer an issue.

Thanks for your replies :) what oil do you use before waxing? I cant seem to find on in the Caronlab range. Ive bought my stuff from Salons Direct.
I think i'll get the Brilliance wax as well it sounds good from what youve described. Have you tried the Caronlab strip wax? Id like to get some for leg waxing x

Thanks for your replies :) what oil do you use before waxing? I cant seem to find on in the Caronlab range. Ive bought my stuff from Salons Direct.
I think i'll get the Brilliance wax as well it sounds good from what youve described. Have you tried the Caronlab strip wax? Id like to get some for leg waxing x

I personally do not use a prewax oil. I use carons prewax cleanser and sometimes a bit of powder.
I currently use the Caron brilliance strip wax (in cartridge and pot) as well as the Brilliance hot/hard. I have tried the strawberry strip but prefer the Brilliance

Latest posts

Back