Waxing confusion!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starholistics

Reaction score
I am fairly newly qualified in waxing, have done loads of practicing with happy models after but it is taking a lot longer than I would like it to so I checked out a couple of you tube videos and now am confused!

I have seen a lot of people going straight down on the back of the legs and on arms rather than sideways in the direction of the hair growth, these are respected people such as Lori Nestore so I dont want to question their work as I bow down in awe to their knowledge and experience but I just wondered if this pulled out the hairs properly on those with sideways growing hair or if it can only be done on people whose hair grows the same on the back as the front?

I saw another lady, cant remember her name now who said that this method snaps the hair rather than pulling it out by the root and my training said always with the direction of hair growth so can anyone enlighten me as to whether I can do this to speed things up or shall I stick to angling the spatula and getting it horizontal rather than vertical where needed.

I hope this makes sense to you and is not to rambling!

Do you mean lower leg or back of the thigh?

Personally I think there is a "rule of thumb" but nor everyone has hair growing in the same direction... one of my gentlemen clients has these funky swirls just below the ribs yet none of my others do...

Ladies legs... 9 times out of 10 you can be off on your angle by a bit without the hairs staying where they are... A lot of it however is figuring out what works for you and the client - some waxes also have a better grip to start with but as for breaking the hairs... not really heard of that in this context. Pulling the strip upward instead of along IYSWIM now THAT will cause breakage

Thanks for the reply, I was talking mainly about back of calves and forearms but I guess the principle is the same wherever on the body, it just seems so much quicker to go straight down the lower back of leg on these videos, but I wanted to make sure the hairs would come out properly or not at all before I tried on someone and ended up making the hairs snap off! Totally get what you mean about pulling up and am very careful to pull back as on training someone pulled up on me instead of back and I certainly felt the difference :D

Latest posts

Back