Waxing - Ingrown hairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaintyDoll

Reaction score
Good morning Geeks,

My friend has been going to a salon to get her legs waxed for a long time with the same therapist (traitor), everytime her hair starts to grow back she is contantly getting ingrown hairs? She is now wanting to get her legs waxed by myself and asking if the same situation will happen if i wax her..

She always exfoliates her legs and never shaves! the only reason i can think is that her therapist is pulling the strip the wrong way (very doubtful)?! Does any one have any idea why this is happening to her?

I dont want her to get ingrown hairs when i wax her legs!

Any advice/feedback is much appreciated x

I have the tendency to believe a therapist’s poor technique can cause discomfort, injury and broken hairs but not so much ingrown themselves. Some people are just prone to them and there’s not a lot you can do about those kinds of people except keep telling about the correct aftercare. I have found with my own body that exfoliating is best done a little and often. Gently with very little pressure and no scrubbing of the skin. As hairs start breaking through I don’t recommend exfoliating against the direction of hair growth as this can lift the hairs and drop them back below the skin causing ingrown. Using an oil (e.g. coconut oil) on the skin while still wet immediately after a bath or shower at least once a day is a great idea.

You may find it takes a while for your friends legs to sort themselves out so don’t take it to heart if they’re not perfect right away.

Thanks for the advice male waxing

I have a client that says she exfoliates and moisturises but the hair on her lower legs grows under the skin (not ingrown though) so I retailed Lycon Ingrown-x-it for her to spritz on her legs and the problem is much much better.

All of my intimate waxing ladies (bar one) that suffer from ingrown a think the product is amazing

Latest posts

Back