Waxing issue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molly busby

Reaction score
i recently took a waxing course and have hand non stop issues since taking it! My first waxer was broken so had to cancel all clients but I've finally received a new one. I decided to wax myself before waxing clients LUCKILY because I cannot use the heater. During the course I was taught how to wax but not how to set up my wax heater, how to clean it or if the wax needs to be moved, etc. Now my wax pot won't open because the wax has glued it stuck and I can't remove wax from the heater (not even sure if I'm supposed to remove it after heating) please can someone give me advice i don't have a clue what to do

You need equipment cleaner Hun.
Put the heater on just to be able to open & then clean all plastic with couch roll & the cleaner.
I would suggest you first to friends & family to gain experience & work out any kinks x

Thank you. I have equipment cleaner but it's not really worked. I'm just unsure what to do with the wax. A after everytime I've cleaned it and closed it, it still get glued stuck and I have to spend 20 minutes trying to open the wax pot inorder to get the wax out. Do you keep the wax in the heater or pour it back into the pot after each use? X

Thank you. I have equipment cleaner but it's not really worked. I'm just unsure what to do with the wax. A after everytime I've cleaned it and closed it, it still get glued stuck and I have to spend 20 minutes trying to open the wax pot inorder to get the wax out. Do you keep the wax in the heater or pour it back into the pot after each use? X

You keep it in the pot hun, if you are using directly from pot then I use it directly on the heater
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465910241.909082.jpg

Mine needs a clean too!

I always use surgical spirit to clean mine. With regards to the wax, I just stand the whole pot inside the heater (i have the shorter hive heater. If you have the tall heater, pour the wax into the heater and don't try and pour it back out again, just top up when needed) and always use a bar over the top to scrape excess from the spatula, otherwise every time you scrape the spatula on the inside of the heater, you are making it dirty and really sticky. Equipment cleaner or surgical spirit should do the trick (use a lot, really soak the cotton pad or couch roll) and rub really hard on all the plastic. If you get into the habit of cleaning it every time it will stay shiny and nice. You have already got a sticky lid…are you mobile?? If so, after you have soaked it in cleaner and got every last sticky bit off, make sure that when you are in the car or moving it around, that you have a really stable base for it stand on and put towels or something around it (inside a plastic box) so that it can't slosh around! If your lid is glueing shut each time, you have to heat the pot for a while and it will come away eventually, but best to take a long time cleaning in the grooves or just get a replacement lid. Hope this helps. x

Whack your heater up to full, leave it 15/20 mins & then clean it when it's hot!! I use baby oil, always have, far better & cheaper than equipment cleaner!! I squirt it in wipe the excess with couch roll, then do another squirt & dab the excess with cottonwood! I always give mine a thorough clean before each new pot! Had my wax heater for nearly 20 years & it's as good as the day I bought it!! X

Also don't screw the lid back on just "sit it on top" will come off easier then, any problem with the lid getting stuck, just wait for it to warm up & then ease it off! If it's particularly stubborn I get a spatula in there & prise it off!!

When I was mobile I liked the fact my lids stuck a lil bit! Probably in my head but it felt a little bit safer than having spillages while going round corners lol! Xx

I have used my wax depileve heater since 1996 or 8, so mine is pretty old and still looks good, just the plastic white changed colour.

The best tip for mobile I can give you with regards to wax , only fill your wax pot half way. You can top up as you need when you go home every day. So if you ever driving and slam on breaks for an idiot driver it won't fly out your pot and make a mess!

This happened to me I had to replace my car carpets in the end!

Latest posts

Back