Waxing/makeup books

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avivajoy

Reaction score
A while ago someone recommended a 'must have' waxing book and Ive searched and searched and cant find it :grr: . Ive posted in other threads but got no answers :cry:
So could someone help me?
Also Id be interested in your opinions on your number 1 must have makeup book too.

Im starting a makeup course;waxing and eyebrow shaping courses and can afford to get 1 book per subject
Thanks xx

I have 2 make up books which I think are excellent. They give detailed information on the type a make up, when to use it, why, how. Best looks for day, evening, skin colour etc.

'Make Up Makeovers' & 'Make Up Makeovers;Weddings' both by Robert Jones.

hi

i love Make-up artistry by julia conway

helped me far more than the recommended NVQ level 3 one did

hth
nicola
x

I think it was Axiom who recommended a really good waxing book, might be worth PMing him?

As for makeup books, a lot of them are absolute tosh and you could learn more by reading threads on here. The two key things you need to consider when buying makeup books is 1. Reputation (have you heard of them, are they well respected in the industry) and 2. Is there lots of photos (makeup is a creative visual art above anything else, and you must be able to see what the author means).

My favourite MU book is Francois Nars - Makeup Your Mind, and Kevyn Aucoin's books (all of 'em!) come a close second. I don't really rate any others. :green:

Axiom recommened Encyclopedia Of Hair Removal by Gill Morris And Janice Brown a while ago, I took his advice and ordered mine from amazon straight away! It's a fantastic book I strongly recommend it!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

Axiom recommened Encyclopedia Of Hair Removal by Gill Morris And Janice Brown a while ago, I took his advice and ordered mine from amazon straight away! It's a fantastic book I strongly recommend it!

Yup, this is my "must have" hair removal reference - it's the best out there in my opinion, covers pretty much all aspects (except male waxing, although I'm gonna make a nuisance of myself until they commission a chapter from me, lol!). :D

Andy x

Yup, this is my "must have" hair removal reference - it's the best out there in my opinion, covers pretty much all aspects (except male waxing, although I'm gonna make a nuisance of myself until they commission a chapter from me, lol!). :D

Andy x
Thanks Andy
I keep threatening my husband that Ill learn bsc and will need him to practice on. Its actually quite pathetic to see such fear in a grown mans eyes xx

Latest posts

Back