Waxing practice advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 119540

Reaction score
I have done an gti initimate waxing course and I now have to practice before assessment.

Most of my friends are male and the female ones do not wax as they hate it, so I was going to post ads online and in shops for the treatment for free, in order to practice.

But I spoke to the guild and they said they do not insure for practicing this treatment for free not even as student insurance.

Any advice on what to do as I need to practice in order to pass my assessment?

Thanks

As intimate waxing is usually quite an expensive treatment so if you charged a reasonable amount you may get some interest.I actually wouldn't want to go to someone that was advertising free online as I would think they were probably going to be quite bad.Word of mouth would probably be a much better way of getting people.How are you getting clients once qualified?

Hi Gillian,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not looking for clients at the moment, I'm just looking for people to practice for my assessment as I'm not yet qualified, so as I'm not qualified I cannot charge for the service.

But when I called up The Guild regarding insurance to practice on people, they said they do not insure for this.

So what I don't understand is, how will I be able to practice for my assessment if I cannot be insured to practice?

Thanks

Get in contact with your course provider they may have a list of models or might be able to suggest how you can go about getting a model, I'm sure they have come across this before. Have you also called and compared insurers? And not just beauty insurers, google "public liabilty insurance" you might find a company suitable for you needs.Good luck

Hi jadlex6,

Thanks for your reply, my course provider said to just get people to sign consent forms.

I have spoken to babtac and apparently they will insure me for case studies, so I will have to go with them, even though it was the guild I wanted to go with.

Thanks for your advice

Latest posts

Back