Waxing problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi, I have been waxing for 7years and do loads of facial waxing but every now and again a lady will come in and say she reacted and had a small blister come up.
I use honey wax by hive and always test the wax and stretch the skin
I have rang hive but they just said it shouldn't happen as long as I am doing the above
I could understand if it happened every time but it doesn't prob 1 in 20 :confused:
Does anyone have this problem
It's driving me nuts

Have you tried hot wax for facial waxing? I find it great for that especially on older ladies as it is so much easier on the skin.

Have you tried hot wax for facial waxing? I find it great for that especially on older ladies as it is so much easier on the skin.

Hi
I have never used hot wax since I trained so sounds bad but wouldn't be sure on what to do :o

Hi
I have never used hot wax since I trained so sounds bad but wouldn't be sure on what to do :o

Take a refresher course. It wouldn't cost much I'm sure and then you'd be more sure of yourself using it. Good luck

I've had this a couple of times. I have looked into doing a 'discovery day' for non strip wax to use it in salon, but haven't got round to it yet!!!

Do you use a barrier on the skin before waxing such as oil or powder.

I am based in Gloucester, if you contact me you can pop over and have a look at my waxes and see what you think. Some clients are different and will react so it is best to have an alternative for them and they appreciate the trouble you go to.

I have 2 salons, one in Longford and one in Quedgeley so just pm me if you would like to meet up x

Just apply a tiny bit of a light oil on the skin and then the wax on top.

I would also suggest a hot wax as it is much gentler also Lycon make a pre wax oil an it's fabulous! I never wax without it now. Finish with tea tree cream or aloe vera gel :)

I am based in Gloucester, if you contact me you can pop over and have a look at my waxes and see what you think. Some clients are different and will react so it is best to have an alternative for them and they appreciate the trouble you go to.

I have 2 salons, one in Longford and one in Quedgeley so just pm me if you would like to meet up x

that would be great thanks.
i am based in tuffley, but going away for a couple of weeks so i will get in contact when i get back
thanks so much

thanks everyone for your replies.
if a lady reacts i do use talc from then on but we weren't taught at college to
what is the oil to use or is it ok to use talc every time

The pre wax oil lightly cleanses the skin and makes the wax not stick to the skin as much but still adhering to the hair. But if you're used to talc then thats fine also :)

Latest posts

Back