Waxing query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyful87

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm having a right game with removing my wax lately.
I can be doing a half leg wax, smooth the (paper) strip down, pull away only to find that the wax hasn't adhered to the strip!
I've tried changing my wax from traditional honey wax, to creme wax and i'm still having the same issue.
Please can any one advise me on what to do, because it's driving me mad. (I use the hive multi cartridge heater for use with wax or paraffin. I bought it about 18 months ago from beauty express)

Thankyou x

Had this happen when I switched, the wax maybe too cold? Especially with cold weather too, used to have it happen on a clients toes where her feet were cold! Using gel wax ATM aloe and cucumber, lovely to work with :)

Hi I also use the gel wax which I find much easier . Also I find the fabric strips stick better xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Well this has happened to me many times when it's winter. Skin tends to be dry more and scally in winter. Can stick on shins, ankles and knees. If you make sure your wax is correct temp, thin layer and really really rub then pull back. Clients really do need to exfoliate in winter more with daily Body lotion to legs. Clients often says, yes yes I do exfoliate and moisturise but they not be doing this as often as they should.

I found that the type of strips can make a difference. Used many different ones over the years. Keep trying until you find a good one.

Xxx

Thankyou so much for your replies! I was really starting to get my hair off with it all. lol.
I will try the gel wax, and recommend 'proper' exfoliation and moisturising.
I do agree that this weather is partly to blame.
Thankyou again xx

You might find that using a pre-wax oil will help. All brands offer this type of product. You need a drop applied to the skin before the wax. Blot any excess with a tissue.

Also, make sure your wax is at the correct temperature. Could it be slightly too cold?

Thankyou for the tip, i will try the pre-wax oil.
I have thought that the wax could be too cold; but i've got it set at it's maximum temperature as i thought it would help to be warmer. So i'm stuck there, it won't go any higher. x

Use your judgement here. Does it look like it's the right temperature? Test it on your arm and see. Is it spreading well and thinly enough? If not, you might need to replace your heater since it's already on max.

Latest posts

Back