Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jem87

Reaction score
what is best for mobiling a wax pot or roller and if i was to cange to roller would i need further training

Roller systems are brilliant for large areas - backs, legs, arms

Not great for eyebrows and face or bikini and intimiate waxing.

No you don't need further training.

Jacqui xx

i'm mobile and i use a pot and spatula. i have 2 heaters 1 for strip and 1 for non strip. they go in a plastic box with a lid on... i'm sure it was from some cheap shop like poundstretcher/home bargains or the like so wouldn't of been expensive! :D everything fits in my box perfectly with no room to move so *touch wood* no problems yet! :D i've been waxed with the roller wax and it felt like it was dragging/pulling :\ the therapist i go to actually stopped using it because of that reason *shrug* i don't know if it's down to technique or the equipment you use or even down to the clients weight/size but i personally don't have the money to find out for myself haha so i'm sticking to what i know and i'm used to :) x

i'm mobile and i use a pot and spatula. i have 2 heaters 1 for strip and 1 for non strip. they go in a plastic box with a lid on... i'm sure it was from some cheap shop like poundstretcher/home bargains or the like so wouldn't of been expensive! :D everything fits in my box perfectly with no room to move so *touch wood* no problems yet! :D i've been waxed with the roller wax and it felt like it was dragging/pulling :\ the therapist i go to actually stopped using it because of that reason *shrug* i don't know if it's down to technique or the equipment you use or even down to the clients weight/size but i personally don't have the money to find out for myself haha so i'm sticking to what i know and i'm used to :) x

I noticed that with the roller, it starts off lovely, then as the wax builds up it drags and once even stopped rolling! This was a Hive system. No, good ol fashioned way for me... :)

It starts to drag wen its going cold, u need to keep alternating between rollers, its so quick clean and easy! I would never go back to messy pot wax ever. My heater has space for 3 large cartridges, one medium and two small, its so easy u just roll it under the eyebrow and one pull and there perfect, no worry about dripping wax all over the brow hair u want to keep! Get rolling u won't regret it for one minute

I'm a mobile waxer and i use the wax and spatular way, i have a double hearter and i put plain sort in one and cream in the other. Usually i find if they have an allergy to something i can use the alternative. I don't use hot as i can't stand the stuff but find that my clients love the way i strip wax.

I'm a mobile waxer and i use the wax and spatular way, i have a double hearter and i put plain sort in one and cream in the other. Usually i find if they have an allergy to something i can use the alternative. I don't use hot as i can't stand the stuff but find that my clients love the way i strip wax.
Shouls add that if i get a chance and i'm not booked before i warm it at home and wrap it in foil to save time

Latest posts

Back