Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Ordered my essensials for my kit, I also already have a beauty bed. And my training is on 15th May... so excited!

I am a little nervous as I will be mobile, does this box look ok for transporting?
Buy Pair of 70 Litre Roller Storage Boxes - Pink at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Plastic storage boxes and units.

If Id manage to get my wax heater in there and towels, extention lead and disposables-thats fab. Id then need to carry my beauty bed and couch roll on a seperate trip... :irked:

How many trips does it take you to carry your waxing kit? Ive ordered two heaters (so now this is possibly 3 trips to and from the car?) so maybe need 2 boxes depending on the actual size of the above box.

Where did you buy your plastic sheet for the floor? Do you have a trolley? if so, where can I find a good portable one? or will my fold up table need to come along too?

Do any mobile geeks have any pictures of their set up?
Does my beauty bed need two lots of couch roll to protect the towel and bed from stray wax? Or is there a cover of some sort?

Sorry for all the questions, I will ask my tutor on the day, but she is salon based :) plus I am too excited I want to start planning and buying now... :o

Thanks. xx

My poor little car with all this extra kit ;)

Hi Geeks,

Ordered my essensials for my kit, I also already have a beauty bed. And my training is on 15th May... so excited!

I am a little nervous as I will be mobile, does this box look ok for transporting?
Buy Pair of 70 Litre Roller Storage Boxes - Pink at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Plastic storage boxes and units.

If Id manage to get my wax heater in there and towels, extention lead and disposables-thats fab. Id then need to carry my beauty bed and couch roll on a seperate trip... :irked:

How many trips does it take you to carry your waxing kit? Ive ordered two heaters (so now this is possibly 3 trips to and from the car?) so maybe need 2 boxes depending on the actual size of the above box.

Where did you buy your plastic sheet for the floor? Do you have a trolley? if so, where can I find a good portable one? or will my fold up table need to come along too?

Do any mobile geeks have any pictures of their set up?
Does my beauty bed need two lots of couch roll to protect the towel and bed from stray wax? Or is there a cover of some sort?

Sorry for all the questions, I will ask my tutor on the day, but she is salon based :) plus I am too excited I want to start planning and buying now... :o

Thanks. xx

My poor little car with all this extra kit ;)

I would really think about getting a proper beauty trolly, that has a pull up handle and is on wheels, will reduce your trips to the car, i cant comment on your other questions as ive never been mobile, mainly for this reason, theres too much lugging etc im sure another geek will pop along soon to answer them for you :) xx

Hi stef,

I would have a look on ebay 4 a beauty trolley or case, i have one that all clips together so u would get a wax pot in the bottom of that, not sure u would fit 2 in tho and all ur other bits would fit in the other parts plus its on wheels with a handle, i use my trolley 4 my nail and lash stuff and only do waxing from the house tho so not sure if that's defo the best option but have a we look on ebay anyway, hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi stef,

I would have a look on ebay 4 a beauty trolley or case, i have one that all clips together so u would get a wax pot in the bottom of that, not sure u would fit 2 in tho and all ur other bits would fit in the other parts plus its on wheels with a handle, i use my trolley 4 my nail and lash stuff and only do waxing from the house tho so not sure if that's defo the best option but have a we look on ebay anyway, hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Funny u mentioni that i got my trolley off ebay for £40 brand new was £80/£90 was practicaly brand new when i got it :) definately worth a look theres lots of bargains to b had on there, just not ur products ;-) xx

Thanks, i didn't even think of a beauty case! Id read quite a few geeks had plastic boxes/buckets to transport the wax inc of spills, so I will have a look now :) xx

Hi

I use a twin pot (satin smooth babyliss) to heat hot/warm at the same time -its brill and very portable (you can also get additional heat pots for diff waxes)

I bought a fold up beauty bed with carry case off ebay - looks great in pink.

You can buy wipeable plastic clear covers from amazon/ebay.

I just used a roll box from poundstretcher - to carry my stuff and to use as a table at the bedside. Every fits in it fine.

poundstretcher or one of the other cheap stores will have camping ground sheets which are great for protecting the carpets.

Be prepared it will take you a while when you first start to do your treatments. and some customers have very small - very homes to work in so you need to be relaxed about time to start with. I also find lighting can be an issue - I have a light for my head on a band so I can see hairs close up.

good luck xx:)

sorry second 'very' should have said very hot. - I nearly fried to death today......

Thank you Jenny :) that info really helps. I shall have a look for one of those boxes.

What timings should the waxing treatments take? Il be sure to leave enough time. Do u know what the floor sheets are called? So i can google.

Good point about lighting I have a clip on lamp for my nails, il need to look for something -like you have got for waxing.

Xx

As far as i know they will just be called ground sheets or dust sheets - sometimes you can pick up picnic blankets with plastic backing.

Your instructor will give you average timings - I would estimate when you get used to it that you can break down into 15 minutes slots for each treatment eg underarms / bikini / half leg x 2 etc.

remember to allow time to set up/down and I find heatinf the wax before works well to cut time out. (you can buy a 12v to 240volt inverter to heat in car if you want to at b&q)

Also dont forget a a cheap lightweight plug extension again poundstretcher - if you have a poundshop nearby lookout for things like babywipes/talc etc cheap deals help when stocking up on non brand items.

As far as i know they will just be called ground sheets or dust sheets - sometimes you can pick up picnic blankets with plastic backing.

Your instructor will give you average timings - I would estimate when you get used to it that you can break down into 15 minutes slots for each treatment eg underarms / bikini / half leg x 2 etc.

remember to allow time to set up/down and I find heatinf the wax before works well to cut time out. (you can buy a 12v to 240volt inverter to heat in car if you want to at b&q)

Also dont forget a a cheap lightweight plug extension again poundstretcher - if you have a poundshop nearby lookout for things like babywipes/talc etc cheap deals help when stocking up on non brand items.

Fab, thank you for all your advise :) i shall start stocking up! Xx

Hi

I use a twin pot (satin smooth babyliss) to heat hot/warm at the same time -its brill and very portable (you can also get additional heat pots for diff waxes)

I bought a fold up beauty bed with carry case off ebay - looks great in pink.

You can buy wipeable plastic clear covers from amazon/ebay.

I just used a roll box from poundstretcher - to carry my stuff and to use as a table at the bedside. Every fits in it fine.

poundstretcher or one of the other cheap stores will have camping ground sheets which are great for protecting the carpets.

Be prepared it will take you a while when you first start to do your treatments. and some customers have very small - very homes to work in so you need to be relaxed about time to start with. I also find lighting can be an issue - I have a light for my head on a band so I can see hairs close up.

good luck xx:)

How does the roll box look like? ;)

its just a platic box with a lid and wheels on it x (70litres i think)

Latest posts

Back