Ways to gain new clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma21287

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I took over an existing hair salon 4 months ago the salon already had 2 stylists that are busy. Since then I have taken on a new stylist who is very good but we are struggling to get new people through the door.

I have tried flyering and recommend a friend. What ways have you geeks found the best at gaining new clients.

Every client our new stylist does rebook and love their hair but there are so many salons in my area

Thanks xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks

I took over an existing hair salon 4 months ago the salon already had 2 stylists that are busy. Since then I have taken on a new stylist who is very good but we are struggling to get new people through the door.

I have tried flyering and recommend a friend. What ways have you geeks found the best at gaining new clients.

Every client our new stylist does rebook and love their hair but there are so many salons in my area

Hi Emma,

Salons are like pubs, and yes there are probably too many of them, but that doesn't mean that you can't be a success.

Any marketing should have a layered approach, clients need to see your salon advertised 3 times on average.

- What does the front of your salon so to draw clients? Do you have an A board for passing footfall? Is the window well organised so that information is easy to see.
- Flyers are good, but many don't understand the best ways to distribute them. Generally flyer delivery services are not worth the money because your flyer just gets bundled up with the local Pizza company. Are you a High Street or arcade salon? Actually using your stylist when she's not busy to hand out flyers is good. When I bring a new stylist on, they visit local office and companies to give out flyers.
- I don't rate newspaper advertising, but in our town there is a "cult" magazine that everyone reads. So it's good for adverts.
- Build your Facebook following and keep it up to date with offers. You can build likes with pay per click advertising.
- Don't forget google, do you come up when people search online for salon? But don't be drawn by companies offering SEO services because they tend to be a ripoff.

So there's lots you can do to bring new clients in. Congratulations on your new salon, I've enjoyed every minute of mine.

If your main clientele is under 35, it seems most of them prefer online booking, so it's worth offering. I've heard from some people that they'll actually seek out salons that offer it to avoid the hassle of phone-tag. One option is bookmycity but I'm sure there are others as well.

Also, take advantage of free online business directories, like BookMyCity, Yelp, CitySearch, etc. Make sure your name is everywhere. You don't want to miss out on even one client that may have looked on a particular site.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I would give my regular clients 3 business cards with my signature on em & tell them to send me in 3 new clients, give them my card & put their name on it so I know whom sent them. Then I would give my recruiter a free cut with all perks when they sent me the 3 people.......worked well & little work by me!

Thank you for your help.

I do recommend a friend deals and also a discount off your first treatment etc.

I am going to have a look into the online booking etc cx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back