Weak nails and acrylics/gel nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarleaf

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a question about getting false nails?
I have one weak nail, the nail plate is pretty thin. Could you recomend a type of false nail that will be good without pulling on it? E.g. gel nails, silk wraps?
Also, do you know if it 's possible to build up the nail first with gel/acrylic or something similar, so that a false nail applied will pull on the gel layer and not my nail? I really want to get some long square nails so I can experiment with the red french manicures etc!
Thanks, Sugarleaf ^_~

The best thing would be to go to a recommenced yet local nail tech and have a consultation , as with out seeing your nails it is very hard to advice you and I dont want to confuse you to much :),
But by the sounds of it L&P (liquid and powder) may be best suited to your nails but it is hard to know :)
Your whole nail would be covered in the acrylic or gel and the only part that wouldn't be your real nail would be the free edge (the part that makes the length)
Again it is hard to say with out seeing but if your nails are very short then to go very long straight away might not be a good idea as you will need time to adjust to the length,this would also be quite important as you have a damaged nail I'm not sure exactly how it is damaged but as you are worried about "pulling" then it would more than likely be length that would compromise it than the acrylic or gel,
Lastly though and something a lot of people don't seem to realize you can have an overlay of acrylic or gel with out having length added , you could possibly get this for a permanent red French look ,

Hi Mizzy dizzy, thanks for replying! Yes, I want some long nails, (I love IBD nails) and I can either leave my nail without an extension on it (which probably won't look good) or try something else? I will phone a salon and ask them what they think, I really want some! I love how nail polish doesn't chip off them at all ^_^ Thankyou for your advice!
Sugarleaf

Latest posts

Back