Weak nails help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeey

Reaction score
Hiya geeks just looking for some advice on how to get lovely nails back :)
I used to have long strong nails but after being on medication they are weak and won't grow at all they just split.
Should I just leave them bare and keep applying cuticle oil or should I put a natural nail overlay on top to keep them supported and hope the damage grows out but will they ever get strong again ?? :(
Any help would be much appreciated as I hate having really stumpy horrible nails :(

are you still on medication?? i would definately continue with cuticle oil, twice a day. i have always had very bendy brittle nails but find that they improve dramatically with shellac. x

Hey no I came off the meds August 2011 but my nails have never recovered? I don't do shellac and there's no one in my area that does as I'm in the sticks :)
Would you suggest a hard gel overlay, keeping them short for a few months and see if that makes a difference? Or leave them bare? I will obv still use oil regardless
Thanks x

what about having something similar to shellac like gellac or gellish etc.i dont do gels so dont really no if they would benifit or do harm hun. i cant see why they would do any further damage so long as they were applied correctly. x

Where are you in Dorset? Depending where you are, you're not far from me.
I would shellac your nails for you. xx

Where abouts are you in Dorset? I have just gel by ibd but I find it peels off my nails within a couple days, probs because they are so weak and thin.
I am abit dubious about putting a hard gel on my nails, I have done it before and they did grow but then when I removed the gel they just grime again :(
Will they ever get strong again? :(

Any suggestions would be welcome x

Hello
I do too use a whole lot of meds.
I have a lot of morfin because huge pains , and that’s slows my tummy down and then my hair and nails suffer to.
I can only have hard gel to give my nails strength to be long and work with my life style. Also I use solar oil a lot. And my md gives my some pills with a lot of good stuff for Bone, hair etc, because I’m sitting in a wheelie my bones go weak and that really helped me out.
If I can give U the best advice talk to your MD, maybe md can sort U out after tested your blood. Best of luck!!

Latest posts

Back