Website & domain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm29

Reaction score
Another website help thread, sorry folks but can someone please help before I pull my hair out!
I have searched

Ok im not techy at all hence the help needed asap

Iv built my free wix website and bought my domain from 123 reg,
Trying to connect them together is murder spoken to 123 reg and theyv done the pointing(??)
They assured me this was all that was needed, now wix saying I need to pay to use my domain is this true?

Im so confussed

I dont really want to pay wix to connect my domain, so can I connect my domain to a website without paying £6 a month

Another website help thread, sorry folks but can someone please help before I pull my hair out!
I have searched

Ok im not techy at all hence the help needed asap

Iv built my free wix website and bought my domain from 123 reg,
Trying to connect them together is murder spoken to 123 reg and theyv done the pointing(??)
They assured me this was all that was needed, now wix saying I need to pay to use my domain is this true?

Im so confussed

I dont really want to pay wix to connect my domain, so can I connect my domain to a website without paying £6 a month

I don't know WIX but I know 123-reg. If WIX are saying they want paying to have your own domain then there is no way around it. Also after having new domain pointing to a website can take up to 72hours to actually work.

I don't know WIX but I know 123-reg. If WIX are saying they want paying to have your own domain then there is no way around it. Also after having new domain pointing to a website can take up to 72hours to actually work.

Thank you for reply, well I thought it was a gray area coz wix directs and gives you instructions on how to add the domain I just cant get it to work,
I followed instructions for home server a few nights ago that said 72 hrs that didnt work so contacted 123 reg and they done the pointing they said 24hrs

But when I google my domain its comming up trying to connect to wix and back to the same instructions hence why I feel like pulling my hair out!

Ok so can I build a free website and connect my domain to it??

I really dont need a website all my work is word of mouth but just thought th7s day in age I should have one just incase

Oh my the way next thing on my list is price lists so il be in touch soon

Ok just read I can redirect my domain to my wix url

Does anyone know if this is what pointing is? Or the home server thingy iv had both done now

Come on guys someone please help

a pointing is different to a re-direct. Pointing is the preferred. Give me an hour I will check out wix and see if I can help.

Ok, we run to websites via wiz and 123.
1. You can point any website to the 123 registered domain and it appears you have done so.

2. Wiz is a free to build website and in my opinion is the best of most of then out their in terms of look. The problem you have is the only free wix sites have a wix domain ie; www.wix//WHATERVER YOUR SITE IS CALLED. Blah blah. Com :0)

3. In order to point to your own domain you need to pay their monthly fee which allows domain pointing to your own site.

We've used wix for 2 years for both out sites and I really rate them but their is no getting second the monthly cost I'm afraid. It's an allowable business expense and the professionalism it's affords I think is working the monthly fee.

Ok, we run to websites via wiz and 123.
1. You can point any website to the 123 registered domain and it appears you have done so.

2. Wiz is a free to build website and in my opinion is the best of most of then out their in terms of look. The problem you have is the only free wix sites have a wix domain ie; www.wix//WHATERVER YOUR SITE IS CALLED. Blah blah. Com :0)

3. In order to point to your own domain you need to pay their monthly fee which allows domain pointing to your own site.

We've used wix for 2 years for both out sites and I really rate them but their is no getting second the monthly cost I'm afraid. It's an allowable business expense and the professionalism it's affords I think is working the monthly fee.

Thank you very much
So if I point my 123 reg domain to wix what does this actually do/mean?

Last edited:
The issue is you point wix site to the 123 domain not the other way around and this is only available in the pay for service unfortunately

Much appreciated thank you,

Ok off to upgrade now

Im still none the wiser what it all means but hey ho we all keep learning

The issue is you point wix site to the 123 domain not the other way around and this is only available in the pay for service unfortunately

So do I need mobile ads, favicon and wix ads removed

Im thinking id like wix ads removed

You can make a free website and point your domain name from 123 reg at Weebly.

There would be no monthly fee.

The only money I have paid out was the £8 (or so) for my 2 year domain name from 123 Reg.

Have a look at my site:
Glamour Puss - Mobile Tanning Waxing Minx Merthyr Tydfil

That will all be removed when u upgrade. In respect of other free for sites. Their are plenty out their and I only rate wix due to personal experience. Mainly with my husbands site which I built for his company in he media which had had been commended by several tv companies (proud moment for me :0) ) x

I have built my glitter site from wix as well... With the pointing, you are telling wix that when someone enters your URL, that's the page they need to load... Unfortunately you do need to pay for it, and if you add the ecommerce side like I have, there's even more charges for you... This is my site: www.morpheusrising.com.au ...

Thank you everyone for there help, it's nearly sorted now I hope

Thank you everyone for there help, it's nearly sorted now I hope
Hi
sorry to jump this thread, did you get it sorted out in the end, i'm thinking of doing the same ? do you think you could post a link to yours so I can get an idea? thanks:biggrin:

Hi
sorry to jump this thread, did you get it sorted out in the end, i'm thinking of doing the same ? do you think you could post a link to yours so I can get an idea? thanks:biggrin:

Yea I got it sorted basically from what I understand you have to pay £8 a month to get premium so you can link your domain to the wix site and remove wix adds, but you get the domain free when you go premium so don't buy your domain first like I done,

Latest posts

Back