Website & Facebook feedback please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamii

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Sorry I haven't introduced myself on SG properly yet, I will create a seperate thread soon!

I bought a salon in July and am now trying to improve my web presence to get my name out there.

I would really appreciate some feedback on my website and Facebook page if you don't mind :)

My task for the weekend is to work on the 'Treatments' page as it is a bit messy, the logos on that page are only temporary until I recieve the official ones.
I also need to take some photos of the salon and get these onto the website.

http://www.facebook.com/madeupbeauty

http://www.made-upbeauty.co.uk

Thankyou :lol:
Tamii

Last edited:
what is you r website address? and facebook page?

Ive got a free 10 mins to take a look :)

EDITED: they are there now lol

Hi Tammii!

Im just outside Wakefield in Stanely! Nice to bump into a local geek on here! If you ever want treatment swap on Acrylic Nails let me know! hehe

Website looks nice and easy to navigate. I did look at your website first on my mobile and for some reason I could hardly make out your logo? It might be my phone but thought id point out.

The only thing I noticed which may be having a negative impact is the old beauty salon which was there previously (New Trendz). Its logged as permanently closed in Goole Places which is good, however if you do a search for "01924 314336" "New Trendz" together, you will see lots and lots of directories etc where there are still entries for this salon. I know its a pain in the backside, but Google may be getting confused with different business names and penalising your website so you may have to go to each directory and report as closed etc

This article explains a little on why consistency of Name, Address & Phone (NAP) is important for ranking

NAP Consistency - What It Means For Your Local Business

**Edit sorry, just noiced the link swap thread you have posted in.....be careful with this too (see below)

Google’s page on Link Schemes warns site owners that some kinds of linking might impact the ratings of their web sites negatively, including:

1. Excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging (“Link to me and I’ll link to you.”)
2. Links intended to manipulate PageRank

As a general rule, only link if you think you are adding value to YOUR website/customers by including it x

Last edited:
Hi Tammii!

Im just outside Wakefield in Stanely! Nice to bump into a local geek on here! If you ever want treatment swap on Acrylic Nails let me know! hehe

Website looks nice and easy to navigate. I did look at your website first on my mobile and for some reason I could hardly make out your logo? It might be my phone but thought id point out.

The only thing I noticed which may be having a negative impact is the old beauty salon which was there previously (New Trendz). Its logged as permanently closed in Goole Places which is good, however if you do a search for "01924 314336" "New Trendz" together, you will see lots and lots of directories etc where there are still entries for this salon. I know its a pain in the backside, but Google may be getting confused with different business names and penalising your website so you may have to go to each directory and report as closed etc

This article explains a little on why consistency of Name, Address & Phone (NAP) is important for ranking

NAP Consistency - What It Means For Your Local Business

**Edit sorry, just noiced the link swap thread you have posted in.....be careful with this too (see below)

Google’s page on Link Schemes warns site owners that some kinds of linking might impact the ratings of their web sites negatively, including:

1. Excessive reciprocal links or excessive link exchanging (“Link to me and I’ll link to you.”)
2. Links intended to manipulate PageRank

As a general rule, only link if you think you are adding value to YOUR website/customers by including it x

Hi Tigernails,
Really lol I live in Stanley! Are you mobile? Its a small world!

Thanks for the advice re: New Trendz, I never even thought about that, will get onto it.

Hmmm I will remove some of the links on the site, did think it was a bit iffy .

I cannot view the site perfectly on my mobile, its because its hosted by moonfruit so to do with it being flash based I believe. I haven't checked the mobile version for a while, another job on my to do list!

Thanks for taking the time to look :lol:

Hi Tigernails,
Really lol I live in Stanley! Are you mobile? Its a small world!

Thanks for the advice re: New Trendz, I never even thought about that, will get onto it.

Hmmm I will remove some of the links on the site, did think it was a bit iffy .

I cannot view the site perfectly on my mobile, its because its hosted by moonfruit so to do with it being flash based I believe. I haven't checked the mobile version for a while, another job on my to do list!

Thanks for taking the time to look :lol:

Blimey! It is small world! I started out Mobile but have recently opened a home based salon so time is split between the two.

Yeah Flash based websites tend to run poorly on mobiles, probably because required plug-ins etc have not been installed on mobiles.

Getting quality inbound links is sooooo difficult to do (excluding directories). Im always trying to think of things that could go Viral! no luck so far!

Blimey! It is small world! I started out Mobile but have recently opened a home based salon so time is split between the two.

Yeah Flash based websites tend to run poorly on mobiles, probably because required plug-ins etc have not been installed on mobiles.

Getting quality inbound links is sooooo difficult to do (excluding directories). Im always trying to think of things that could go Viral! no luck so far!

Oooo I wonder if we know each other!
Im going to have a good nosey round your site, you must be doing something right because your site always comes up on the first page when Im searching for anything related to my salon!

Yea its a shame about mobile access with moonfruit but I think the sites still readable so ok for now :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back