Website Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello...

Just need some help here please.

Ok, I know my way around a computer, but when it comes to creating a website I am clueless!

I know that a website needs to be hosted in order to be picked up by search engines and it helps to use key words, but that is about it.

Can anyone recommend a company that can provide me with all of the above, in order for me to have a fully fledged working website without it costing me a bomb!

Thanks xx

Hi Terri

I have 10 years expereince in the online marketing industry. I work for the Carlton Institute and I manage the website for the company so I have some experience in this field.

The important thing with websites is that they are designed with search engines in mind. There are 100's of salons that have websites but unfortunately only a few seem to generate any real business online. There are a number of reasons for this.

The factors that need to be considered when creating a website are design, functionality and then how you market it. When designing a website there are a number of elements that need to be taken into consideration. A lot of businesses / therapists have have too many images and logos on their site and not enough text. Google cannot read images, so this has an effect on the Google rankings.

We are just launching a website service for mobile therapists and beauty salons. We are focusing on websites that have good design, online bookings, e-commerce functionality, gift certificates. We will also be helping businesses how to get strong Google listings.

Feel free to get in touch. I would be happy to help.

Hi Ross,
Thanks for your reply. It would be great if you could provide me with the help and knowledge to set up a website successfully. However, I am working on a very small budget. Would this be a problem or would it be best for me to save up before thinking of a website?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you xx

Hi Terri

It really depends on how much of a budget you have, and how much you are looking to save upto.

To have a professional looking site, does not mean ££££'s!! Infact, you can get a decent enough site for as little as £200-£300.

Myself included, Ruth Mills and Extensionize (Carl) can all offer advice and guidance. You can always go "free" and still purchase your own domain (website name), but "free" does come with some "cons", such as advertising, limited features and designs.

HTH for now, but please feel free to ask again if you still need anymore information

Hi Terri

It really depends on how much of a budget you have, and how much you are looking to save upto.

To have a professional looking site, does not mean ££££'s!! Infact, you can get a decent enough site for as little as £200-£300.

Myself included, Ruth Mills and Extensionize (Carl) can all offer advice and guidance. You can always go "free" and still purchase your own domain (website name), but "free" does come with some "cons", such as advertising, limited features and designs.

HTH for now, but please feel free to ask again if you still need anymore information

Thank you.

I have just sent up a free site with wix and purchased a domain from 123 reg. Can somebody please explain how i can link the two in order to get my website up and running? I have been trying for hours but I simply do not understand the jargon.

I decided to go with a free site as a temp fix until I can afford a more expensive one.

Thanks x

Terri

It all about setting the DNS/Severs to point to the website name and/or vise versa.

Ruth or Carl will be available to advice better. Hope the Msg I sent you helped. How much do you intend to save for a "better site hun?

Terri

It all about setting the DNS/Severs to point to the website name and/or vise versa.

Ruth or Carl will be available to advice better. Hope the Msg I sent you helped. How much do you intend to save for a "better site hun?

Hey Jack,
Thanks for all your help, you have been brill.

I don't have a set price in mind. I am willing to spend whatever is required to have a professional looking site that is picked up well by search engines. I don't intend spending thousands but a couple of hundred pound will be a good investment. I'm not in a position to spend that sort of money on advertising yet. Thanks again :) xxx

Hey Jack,
Thanks for all your help, you have been brill.

I don't have a set price in mind. I am willing to spend whatever is required to have a professional looking site that is picked up well by search engines. I don't intend spending thousands but a couple of hundred pound will be a good investment. I'm not in a position to spend that sort of money on advertising yet. Thanks again :) xxx

Hi Terri

The search engine part (keywords, metatags and/or SEO will mainly be down to you in part), whereby you give your designer keywords and descriptions for each.

After, say a month or so, you then to find out which keywords are working the best for you, then you can add or amend these to suit. For Example, using keywords (bear in mind I'm not totally sure what you do) like beauty therapist <newcastle>, nail art, <newcastle> will always help, as your clients will search on location as well as service.

Take on board that, alongside Google Analytics (a program that follows ya website content for keywords), and you (and your designer) should be able to enough SEO/key wording to get you noticed.

No matter what ANYONE says, they WONT get you to NUMBER 1 in the Google Rankings, it utter rubbish, so don't listen to them.

Also, the way a website is written also impacts on google search, so when designing the site you need to work with designer to ensure all good keyword/s are used in both headings and content.

HTH.
Jack

Hi I just wanted to add, I made a site about a month ago using wix.com. It was really really easy, then I bought a domain (its quite cheap) and using the help from the wix site I managed to point the website to the domain hoster. I'm by no way tech savy but they have a drag and drop and anyone can create a really good looking site and they have lots of help information and forums for if you get stuck. Also if you dont want to purchase a domain they actually host the site for you as well. :cool:

They also help with getting search engines to find your site and adding keywords, google analytics etc

Last edited:
Thanks guys. My site it's sorted for now x

Latest posts

Back