Website not coming up in Google search!? HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojosnails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Has anyone on here used 1and1 my website for there business website? I set mine up about 3 weeks ago, but I am having real trouble getting it to show up in a Google search.

Can anybody help me with getting it to show in Google searches?

I am considering changing to Weebly, does anyone know how the Google search works with those websites? And if I decided to change, is it easy to move your domain name to another provider?

Sorry lots of questions! I hope some of you can help me, feeling rather frustrated by it at the moment!:rolleyes:

Hi

It will take a lot longer than 3 weeks. Sometimes it takes months. Google and other search engines have 'spiders'. These spiders crawl the web and look for new information to add to the listings. You just have to be patient I'm afraid.

You can try to speed the process up by manually adding your URL to their list of sites to crawl. For google go to this page https://www.google.com/webmasters/t...w.google.co.uk/addurl/?continue=/addurl&pli=1

Hope this helps

Heather x

Hi Love
There is a fellow geek on here called SEANNY...if you find him and read his post/threads you will find he knows everything there is to know on search engines and computers. Definitely read his stuff.
You need to look at your KEYWORDS and META TAGS....
How many time in your home page do mention the keywords that you are typing into google....To be quite honest its all about trying to "trick"google into finding your website.
Also bare in mind that in can take a good few weeks for you to climb up the rankings.
Have you "submitted" your site to google???
I myself am not computer minded....give me ten nails any day and bobs your uncle.
But your best bet is to read all of seans posts....thats where i learned.
I have to say ALL my NEW business comes from google so it is time well spent get obsessed and fixated with your search rankings.
In todays society any nail technician or beauty therpaist is MAD to not have a website.....BUT what good is a website if it cant be found.
Good luck
Hope i helped...a bit??

Thank you all for your tips, I know what I'll be doing this afternoon!

Latest posts

Back