Website promotion help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Delights

Reaction score
What do you all find is the best way to advertise your sites i'm on many many link backs and pay for google adds but after a major website re-design i have dropped in the rankings and need a quick fix to get myself back up there, i know probably not possible but is tere any secrets i should know

adell

One tip I had from a web designer on this is to use the important keywords on your website and repeat them a lot throughout the site in headings, sub headings, general descriptive text, back pages etc..

What I mean by keywords are words such as 'Nails', 'Salon', 'Manicure', 'Your town/area', 'Gel' etc...

When someone types a word into a google search and that word appears a lot on your site and you have done your google marketing right then in theory you should appear higher up. Also check your metatags.

Last edited:
One tip I had from a web designer on this is to use the important keywords on your website and repeat them a lot throughout the site in headings, sub headings, general descriptive text, back pages etc..

What I mean by keywords are words such as 'Nails', 'Salon', 'Manicure', 'Your town/area', 'Gel' etc...

When someone types a word into a google search and that word appears a lot on your site and you have done your google marketing right then in theory you should appear higher up. Also check your metatags.

Definitely a good idea - also remember to include the "alt" attribute on images to give them descriptive text - this will help both Google index your site, and people who use screen readers/text-based browsers that don't display images...

Another trick, particularly useful if you have got a nice image for your web page's main title at the top of the page, is to include an <h1> tag with the name of your site as well, but set the CSS style for it so it's not visible, so doesn't detract from the nice image. That will score major brownie points with the search engines - <h1> is the biggest, most important heading you can get in HTML, so the search engines will give it extra weighting - and again it will also be better for people using text-based browsers/screen readers that don't interpret CSS...

Latest posts

Back