Wedding dress crisis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm in a state. I get married on Friday and I got my dress back tonight (had to be altered 3 sizes smaller as I've lost weight.

The woman had to drop it off as I was supposed to pick it up yesterday but she realised she left something off the dress. She is 50 miles away.

I tried the dress on this evening and I have been beside myself. The top part (the cups are practically touching my collar bones and my boobs don't sit anywhere near them) it looks ridiculous. I've called her and left messages and no reply. I've called a well known place locally and she can't promise anything but has said to come in at 11.15. She is very busy.

I do not know what to do. My OH has gone mad saying we can't buy a new one. I feel sick and keep dry retching because of this.

I am on the Herts/Essex/north London border.

Please any advice geeks?xxx
Ps I have attached a pic of it on the model.

Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402434821.608884.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402434842.484034.jpg

Take a deep breath and relax - u can't do anything til tmw so no amount of worrying tonight is going to help x hopefully , it will be be be a case of dropping the neckline and getting the bust into shape - they can work wonders on their machines !! Am sure she will be able to do something xx large glass of wine tonight 🍷xx

You need to calm down. I know, I know, not easy, in fact probably impossible but honestly, it can be fixed in next to no time. Did you watch the sewing bee? They whizzed up garments very quickly on their machines. It sounds like yours just needs a bit of an alteration. I know it probably looks like a big issue but to an experienced seamstress it will be simple to adjust.

Get some sleep and deal with it in the morning.

Thanks guys- I really hope your right. I feel gutted that I have no excitement at the moment and it's all stress.

I am going to try and get some rest. I hope hope hope it'll get sorted !xx

I had something similar when I got married the first time . Picked up my hand made dress on the Friday night. (Was getting married the following Friday) and HATED it!

Walked into my local bridal shop, told them my issue, they said pick anything you like from the rails, we'll make it fit and give you 10% off as it's a sample. 2 days later I had the most amazing dress for £350! They'd turned it from a size 18 into a 12 seamlessly!

Good luck chick!

I just wanted to say that I really hope you can get your dress altered so that it fits perfectly and you have a wonderful wedding day x

Hope you managed to sort something out by now? If not, the place I got my dress were lovely and so accommodating and they're not that far from you. They're Bridal Dresses in Northolt / Bridal Affairs. 020 8841 1801they have a lot of sample dresses in, but they do all their alterations in hour, as they're a small business, perhaps if you gave them a call, you could see if they're able to help you out. They were very flexible as well - so hopefully they can get your sorted.

Your wedding will be gorgeous, as will you be. I've never heard of a wedding without a hiccup, so don't worry. It's going to be perfect xxx

I had similar happen to me on my wedding day but couldn't get mad as the lady doing the alterations had rushed to hospital with her critically ill dad. I too brought another one, off rail from somewhere else. It fit ok and my day was still perfect. I'm sure you'll get something sorted, have a lovely wedding day x

I feel for you! I had the most beautiful lace jacket that was off the shoulder and buttoned up the back. The week before my wedding I went in for final alterations and it was still too gapey at the top as t was too big. The lady re pinned it and the lovely woman that owned the bridal shop said I needed 3 inches off to make it all sit flush. The seamstress disagreed and said I would t be able to lift my arms over my head, we agreed that this wouldn't be a problem as I needed it to sit perfectly more then I needed to put my arms up. Picked it all up the day before my wedding, got dressed the morning of and burst into tears, she hadn't done the full amount we'd agreed on and it still didn't sit right. I'm in my wedding video constantly smoothing it out to make sure it's not folding under. I was furious, well over £2000 on a dress and I'd have thought it would have been perfect.

My advice is don't worry about being a Bridezilla, get it fixed, but a new one if you have to just don't let it affect the actual day. Xx

How did you get on? Did everything go smoothly in the end?

Latest posts

Back