Wedding dress on ebay...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you can help?

My friend wants to sell her wedding dress on ebay & as i have use of the interenet i said i would help her.

Has anyone ever sold a wedding dress on ebay? As we are wondering how you would go about finding how much it is to send through the post & how you would package it!

Any help pleaseeeeeee!

louise said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you can help?

My friend wants to sell her wedding dress on ebay & as i have use of the interenet i said i would help her.

Has anyone ever sold a wedding dress on ebay? As we are wondering how you would go about finding how much it is to send through the post & how you would package it!

Any help pleaseeeeeee!

i dunno abt wedding dresses but with any item you want to sell on ebay.... or our geekbay

i would get a few photos of the item.... to put in your ebay ad

get a box or something to send the item in and then go and get it weighed at the post office with the item in it... then you will know how much the postage will be and add the cost of the packaging too for your totall p&p

with ebay you will need to set up a seller account... basically ebay has all the instructions for this and it will also have how to list an item too

hth

Jess
xox

I've sold loads of stuff on eBay in the past, both heavy and light - you'll have to package it well, but if you have good kitchen scales you can weigh it yourself (remember the packaging) and look at the royal mail website (www.royalmail.co.uk) and can look up how much it will cost. Also, as it's something you will hopefully get a few quid for, offer an additional service to send it recorded delivery - the buyer will be expected to pay around 70p extra for that.

Good luck!

rainbowstar said:
I've sold loads of stuff on eBay in the past, both heavy and light - you'll have to package it well, but if you have good kitchen scales you can weigh it yourself (remember the packaging) and look at the royal mail website (www.royalmail.co.uk) and can look up how much it will cost. Also, as it's something you will hopefully get a few quid for, offer an additional service to send it recorded delivery - the buyer will be expected to pay around 70p extra for that.

Good luck!

if its selling for quite a bit then its best to send by parcel post with enhanced compensation as recorded delivery only covers for a value of £30

best to look on ebay and see what other dresses are selling for....if you dont want it to sell for any less than a certain amount you can put a reserve price on it

stanleyann

I sold my wedding dress on ebay - give as much info as you can, if there is detail on the dress show pics of it - and I sent mine in the dress bag it came in rolled it to avoid too many creases and then in 2 big bin liners - and it cost me about £15 to send - just make sure you put enough postage on the auction and you will be o.k.

Definately put a reserve on the dress otherwise it will go for peanuts.

I've been thinking of putting my dress on for a while now but folk don't seem to give good money for second hand dresses. I think I'll just hang on to it if I'm only going to get £100 for it.

Best of luck though

Latest posts

Back