Wedding exhibition next week!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
I've just signed up yesterday to go to a wedding show so don't have much time to prepare for it. I've read loads of great threads on here so have got a few ideas but was wondering if I need to organise a roller banner or poster for my table?

Going to be restricted with time as it's Easter so not sure if it's even possible but how important do you think having one is?

(I've got flyers and business cards already.)

Roller Banner's do draw the eye. They're made for exhibitions and shows really. They draw people to your stand. It's up and in your face.

You're right, turnaround is tight but I think we could squeeze it in. Not sure about anyone else. Hope that helps :)

Thanks, I know it makes sense to have one if I'm going to do other shows in the future, just not sure if it's worth the pressure of getting it done in under a week! I've sent you an email anyway though.

Would love to hear how others have their tables set up at shows. If anyone has any pictures that would be great.

Hi! I would definitely recommend it. I have one for wedding shows as a makeup artist.

I see tables setup without them that look like they belong to another business nearby because wedding shows can be so busy. If you don't have a banner you can get lost in the midst of it all and people just walk by because they aren't really sure what you are or if they've already seen you.

It also looks like you're more serious about your business IMO and that you have a bit more money behind you. A real worry for brides these days is that their suppliers/services will go out of business before the big day because they book things so far in advance. I think having a proper business backdrop to your stand gives a certain confidence the customer might not feel if you're just a table with a few leaflets.

I would recommend a standing roller banner over a poster though because they can be seen from the other side of the venue. Towards the end of the show people tend to ignore the last few stalls so having a banner could actually lure them to you if you're in a bad position.

Hope this helps x

Is there much opportunity to retail at wedding fairs? I've got loads of solar oil pinkies abut only a couple of hand creams so not sure whether to push it on the retail front and get in some cuticle eraser and make little nail care packs? Am guessing the brides may not be looking to spend much. What's everyone's experience of this?

Is there much opportunity to retail at wedding fairs? I've got loads of solar oil pinkies abut only a couple of hand creams so not sure whether to push it on the retail front and get in some cuticle eraser and make little nail care packs? Am guessing the brides may not be looking to spend much. What's everyone's experience of this?

Most expensive day of their life's??

Trust me from an recent bride- brides need and want it all!

Everything is a good idea when you are at a wedding fair.

Agree with colour girly. All fairs are different. Retail works at some and not at others. There's no harm taking your retail with you and seeing how it goes. You'll get to know the ones it works at and the ones it doesn't. X

Thanks for your replies xx

Latest posts

Back