Wedding Exhibitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today I've enquired about exhibiting in a wedding show, and was told I would be the only nail technician in that show, and that it would cost me £225 for the day. The price seems too much to me, but I'd still like to try and see what I get out of it.

My questions to you all are:

1. Have any of you done a wedding show before?
2. How do you go about displaying?
3. What sort of prices or special offers do you offer?
4. Is it worth spending £225 just for 1 day?

I'd be grateful if any1 can reply with some answers, as I'd really like to try this.

Thanks
Aylinx

I have done shows before my advice to you is:

1) From my experience you do not get instant bookings as brides plan up to two years ahead or more!

2) Displaying is fine you get given enough room to display your products. You have to do a draw to gather people names etc to contact them in the future.

3) I dont lower my prices for a wedding I give a group booking discount for over 4 people.

4) My honest opion is no it is not worth spending your money on 1 day at a wedding show.

For this price I advertised in the wedding section of the Yellow pages for a whole year!! I had loads of business which has been great. You can also pay over 10 months.

Although all is not lost from a wedding show...... Does the organiser do a fasion show thy thing where they shown the models with gowns and dresses on?-you could offer your services for free on some models to get extra business and they will metion you for helping. Do they have a wedding guide you could advertise in there. Do they sell lists of people who attended you could write to these brides to be and follow it up with a call. You can also contact people who are getting married soor rather than later.

This is only advise, but I know from experience from paying lots of money that they dont book straight away. Hope this helps you decide.

Jenny

hi why dont u go round alll the bridal shops and put your cards in them , it will certainly be cheaper , :biggrin:

I've done a few wedding shows with mixed results. It is a long day and I generally don't get a great deal of business through it. As already suggested, yellow pages is more effective. If you can build up a network with hairdressers, bridal shops, florists etc and promote each other, then this works well - and only costs the price of a few business cards or service menus. Good luck!

:green: Hi, sorry for butting in! Just a thought: couldn't you get a few nail techs together to share the price:?:

Thanks girls,

As has been suggested already, I've been round some bridal shops and florists, but was turned down. They only want people that have been tried and tested, even just to display their cards. How are we suppose to prove ourselves if we're not given a chance. As for sharing the price of the exhibition, I've asked my best friend (supposedly,lol) who is a hairdresser and she turned me down as well. Well, looks like yellow pages is the only way, when I've got the money.

Aylin

Hi Aylin,

Stay positive :biggrin: if you keep trying someone will let you put the cards in the shop. (Does not have to be in bridal related, i have some in a freezer centre!!) Just keep spreading your name. Things take a while but the phone will ring. Dont rely on people who will let you down :mad: , this happended to me in the beggining now I do it all on my own and only I am responable. I am putting an advert in the wedding guide in this area this year in addition to the yellow pages, so I hope things pick up some more!! :) Have you thought about doing a manicure party type thing for hen nights and things as well. :lol:

Any how good luck and stay positive!! :green: :green: :green:

Hi beautybonanza,

It's so nice to see you being positive. For me nothing's positive at the moment on the work side. Oh, I do have a lady coming tomorrow evening for extensions, and then again on friday to have nail art for her wedding on saturday. Apart from that nothing. But I never give up easily, until I have no choice. I absolutely love doing nails and will persevere as long as I can. It's so good to be able to get on this site and get support from other girls. Anyway you've heard enough from me, and thanks for your help.

Aylinx

Demonstrating at any event can be nerve racking process by visiting a bridal fair first will give you an idea what to expect. There are 4 main rules i try to stick to:

1. List and plan
Write a list of every thing i'll need for the day, (checkout the local arty shops for display boards), plan the day from start to finish. Role play is always useful as you can play with answers to common questions you might be asked.

2. Suppliers
Talk to your suppliers i'm sure they will have plenty of advertising infomation you can get some relatively cheap and make sure you have plenty of leaflets.

3. Insentives
Offer discounts on bookings of 5 or more, i also subscribe to a bridal mag and put together my own bridal pack to post to clients. Comments books, you could get them to leave names, fone no's and post codes (check the royal mail site for addresses) then i return calls, post leaflets etc...

4 It' good to talk
(BT should know!!) tell everyone about your product, sell the idea, if you don't know one else will!!

If i can help any further drop me an email
cres

I wouldn't spend that sort of money on a wedding fayre. I am lucky, a friend of mine is doing a stand at a wedding fayre near me, and has said i can share it with her. She does balloon decor for weddings, so i can then do my nails.

My Aunt who has been a client with me for ages is also gonna come down with me and let me do demo's on her of 3D nail art and putting rhinestones on her etc. At least this will show people what can be done.

I will have loads of leaflets and business cards etc to give out to people on the day then just hope for the best. I know you won't get an immediatte response as most people do wait for a couple of years planning a wedding, but at least if they have your card you stand a chance.

i also put cards in my local newsagents, supermarkets and generally placesthat people will notice them. Good luck but i wouldn't do a wedding unless it was really cheap.

Have you got your free one line in Yellow Pages???
Mostly I have found I get cold calls and such from mine :rolleyes: but, I have also had Wedding fayre organisers contact me.
One said being as I was "only nails" :evil: I could have a stand for 40 quid which was less than half what the other peeps where being charged.
I didnt go ahead cos Id never attended a wedding fayre so wouldnt have known what to expect.
Been doing a little homework since and have decided that I will go ahead if Im asked again but wouldnt pay huge fees for the privelige!

Latest posts

Back