Wedding fayres - are they worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
im trying to work out an advertising budget for the year
i am in two minds whether to have a stand at a couple wedding fairs autumn 09 - i will be selling "bridal" makeup sevices, and hopefully cnd natural nail manicures if they allow me to do both (there may already be a nail tech showing)
just wondered if it was possible to get much work from wedding fairs, how to showcase my skills, obviously portfolio on display and possible makeovers on the day
any advice about the above would be appreciated
many thanks
blush09

Hi.

I did a wedding fair yesterday - not for my spray tanning business but for the a holiday company I work for p/time.

However, from yesterday's experience and past I would definately look at the location of the wedding fair - is it in an area that you would normally 'service', is the venue a 'nice' venue, are the people paying and entrance fee to look around and how is the fair advertised.

The one I did yesterday was very poor, however, the same event company are running another one at a much nicer venue and expect alot more visitors - they have offered me a stand for £50 (no VAT) I'm going to haggle but even if I get one party out of it - it will cover the cost.

The suggestions you have come up with are good ones, you need to consider some sort of special offer and perhaps take along some client testimonials too!

Good luck - what one are you considering?

I have heard that for wedding make-up, they are not worth it. JMO though.

I think if you have an advertising budget to stick to a wedding fayre would be a great idea, it can be very expensive advertising in local papers etc and I have always found fayres a great way to get new clientelle, they get to see you, your professionalisim and you can answer any questions and make an impression in person rather than an advert that might be missed.

I have done one of those shows in kent, delting hill do them often in the spring.
Didnt have much luck unfortuntly. hair and make-up didnt seem to be having much success to be honest.
we did lots of updos and wig/extensions demostrations and people seemed to be interested but we had little busy afterwards from the show. We gave out money off vouchers and little came back of those.

Latest posts

Back