Wedding hair prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's any help. I have just hired a salon package for £415 at my venue about 20 minutes away. It includes bridal hair, tan, makeup trial. Bridal hair, tan, makeup & shellac. 2 bridesmaids hair and makeup. 2 short hair blow dries, and help with fascinators. 3 extra makeups (mums and aunt). I feel this is a good price.

Redlottie you should tell her that her wedding is not booked unless she pays a deposit x

Do you all take Deposit at the time of booking for trial and the day?

Do you all take Deposit at the time of booking for trial and the day?

Sorry i think i confused you. I'm the bride. It's for my wedding.

This company has booked me in and would like a deposit when i go for my trial.

Yours is very close together though. All the other companies such as venue, photographer, etc take a deposit before they will secure that date for me x

Sorry i think i confused you. I'm the bride. It's for my wedding.

This company has booked me in and would like a deposit when i go for my trial.

Yours is very close together though. All the other companies such as venue, photographer, etc take a deposit before they will secure that date for me x

Ahah sorrry that actually makes sense now ! X

Aw god she's just phoned to say instead of 7 people now there's only 3 :( back to the drawing board...
I have to say... I hate weddings, not doing wedding hair(i don't like that either) but I don't belive in weddings or see the speciality of a day centred around signing papers due to a book telling you anything different is a sin(a concept that founded every single wedding that ever happened, gay, straight atheist or religious). Im not even out of hair school yet, but id have no problem charging huge ammounts when i do. if someone is willing to pay a lot to have their hair done for a few pictures, why should I stop them from doing so? needless to say, I probably will not ever actually end up doing hair up on real clients.

Ok so I'm looking at weddings this year as I've been massively under charging 20 for a bridesmaid!!!

I own a salon and would need to close it when on location.
Based on a wedding I'm looking at now, I'm charging £250 (day rate as it's smack bang in the middle of my day) the breakdown is 4x bridesmaids @35 each =140 bride 55 = 195 + call out rate 50 = total of 245 (my normal rate per day... Ish) but that's not including trials what do you think?
(I charge bride trial 45 and bridesmaid 25 as they are in salon.)
Then my colleague does make up and for the full bridal party is looking at 275 again without trials

Is this OK? I've never been married so unsure x

Ok so I'm looking at weddings this year as I've been massively under charging 20 for a bridesmaid!!!

I own a salon and would need to close it when on location.
Based on a wedding I'm looking at now, I'm charging £250 (day rate as it's smack bang in the middle of my day) the breakdown is 4x bridesmaids @35 each =140 bride 55 = 195 + call out rate 50 = total of 245 (my normal rate per day... Ish) but that's not including trials what do you think?
(I charge bride trial 45 and bridesmaid 25 as they are in salon.)
Then my colleague does make up and for the full bridal party is looking at 275 again without trials

Is this OK? I've never been married so unsure x
Sounds great not sure about make up but the hair bit sounds perfect

I have a client who has pressured me into doing wedding hair for her entire party for £140 I own a shop and a usually make 300 a day , does everyone charge there full day rate? I want to have a firm idea in my head of a price so I don't get caught out again ! Thanks
Charge what you would earn for your daily rate. I charge £65 for bride, £40 for bridesmaids xx

its impossible to comment on what's expensive and what's cheap without knowing your areas general prices.
I live in South East Kent and this my wedding price list for 2017..
Bride £80
Inc 3 trials and the big day
This breaks down to £20 each visit.
Bridesmaid
£35
Inc 1 trial and the big day
This breaks down to £15 trial (I like to keep it slightly cheaper than the bride) and £20 big day.

its impossible to comment on what's expensive and what's cheap without knowing your areas general prices.
Bride £80
Bridesmaid
£35
This breaks down to £15 trial (I like to keep it slightly cheaper than the bride) and £20 big day.
(Pressed post before I'd finished!!)
Mother of the bride/groom £20
Inc big day only (usually just a blow dry)
Flower girls £10
Inc big day only

I also charge £15 for any extra trials for any of these.

Bride £80
Bridesmaid
£35

Its a mixed bag I've seen bridal hair for 150 for trial then 150 for the day! Personally I couldn't justify charging 80 for 3 appointments as I could do foils and make more that that in one appointment ... Is your area saturated with competition then?

I have to close the salon which is a pain, but have to make min 250 when I do.

Then I was thinking what do you all charge for milage? I usually do upto 30 min drive (included) x

Not sure what day the wedding is being held but I'd be a little bit cautious of closing your salon on a Saturday in the summer months. I think it can potentially damage your regular business especially as it's a new salon and you're just building up your reputation.

Not sure what day the wedding is being held but I'd be a little bit cautious of closing your salon on a Saturday in the summer months. I think it can potentially damage your regular business especially as it's a new salon and you're just building up your reputation.

Yeah it's a sat ...What could i do? X

Yeah it's a sat ...What could i do? X
Make sure you charge enough to make it worth closing the salon, you could put up a notice to tell people your off doing a wedding which would be great advertising that you do offsite weddings but on the flip side you may end up with too many Saturday weddings! Is there anyone who could go spend the day in the shop just tidying etc just do it's actually looking open rather than looking closed? Whenever I leave my shop I always leave someone there

Make sure you charge enough to make it worth closing the salon, you could put up a notice to tell people your off doing a wedding which would be great advertising that you do offsite weddings but on the flip side you may end up with too many Saturday weddings! Is there anyone who could go spend the day in the shop just tidying etc just do it's actually looking open rather than looking closed? Whenever I leave my shop I always leave someone there

Yeah my boyfriend ....good idea thankyou ..he will hate this advice

Last edited:
I'm a mobile hairdresser, I do a lot of wedding hair but try to keep it as local as possible. I have set prices but I charge for extras. If I start before 7am I charge an additional fee of £20. I charge fuelage and travel time costs to venue or location. Sunday or bank holidays i charge an additional £50 just because there my days off. I give an allocated time for their hair and if they want me to stay after that time I charge £20 per hour. Saying all that if they get married locally and they stick to being told when it's their turn for their hair to be done my prices are reasonable. It was after about 2 years of doing wedding hair that I knew I had to make changes so I just targeted the problems ie travel, times etc. I also have a very detailed wedding contract which states all this and a lot more to keep everything covered xx

Helen would you mind me asking for your advice on devising a wedding contract please? X

Latest posts

Back