Wedding hair pricing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blossom89

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've got my first wedding to do this year and I'm stuck on how much to charge, there will be 2 bridesmaids, mother of bride, flower girl and the bride herself. I don't usually do hair up so have never had a set price, they will be having simple loose curls with bits pinned back. Any advice would be appreciated thank in advance.

http://www.salongeek.com/search/3319892/?q=Wedding+hair&o=relevance&c[node]=65

Have a read through some older threads. It might help you to work out a pricing structure and by anticipating likely problems, you'll be better prepared.

Most people charge more for wedding hair on the day because it's rarely as straightforward as it ought to be when everyone's on a tight schedule and super anxious.

Have you done a trial. I would highly recommend doing one, then you know exactly what to expect, as does your client, on the day. Wedding days are stressful, the last thing you need is everyone umming and arring on the day not sure of what they want or whether they like it. I charge a fee for trial and slightly more on the wedding day. I also charge for travel (over 5 miles). I usually charge for the trial £20 per maid and £25 for bride. Slightly more on wedding day. If they refuse a trial I explain that on the day we will not have time to redo hair if client isn't keen or look they require isn't possible (hair length and density etc). Hope this helps.

Brilliant thank you, I will be doing a trial run yes it's not until the summer

Trials I do for £35 and thats up to 3 hair styles. On the day i charge between £30-40 per person depends o how many people there are. People tell me it's quite a low price for bridal hair. If there's less people I charge £40, just because if I have 2 people for example I won't do it then leave, I will wait until they walk down the aisle for any touch ups etc

I charge £25 for trials and £35 on the day, it's extra if I have to travel further than a 5 mile radius. I am considering raising my prices soon though. I have plenty of experience and even I occasionally find weddings very stressful. Sometimes, depending on the vibe, I will request the bride on her own somewhere quiet for her hair as bridesmaids can be a right royal pain the whatsit. It gives bride time to be still without too much coming and going and I can get on with my work without any unnecessary distractions. Weddings can be hectic!! Depends on who you're working with though.

Latest posts

Back