Wedding hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
So my mother (bless her) has dobbed me in for hair and makeup for a friends wedding. Now I'm not an up-stylist (I mainly have delt with blow waves, extensions and colour) and this lady wants something very neat and finished. Usually I would say I can't do it but because she is a family friend I am being pressured to do so.

She has very fine hair (very cotton candy like) and it's halfway down he neck. It's curly and very pourus due to chemical damage (box dyes). Her description made it sound like anywhere between these pictures but slightly sleeker (xinjon, twists, braids);
5c93e45013127e1b9552eb77da9af400.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

Now I have learned these techniques. However I really don't think she has the hair for these looks. I tried to explain that and she insisted that she believes in me and that I can pull it off.

Now her wedding isn't till September but I feel like that is no where near enough time
to get her hair back to scratch. I really feel like I need miracle to pull this off.

Do a trial and show her, people often don't believe until they see. And a lot of people don't want to bother with getting their hair in good condition if they're not bothered before hand :)

I'm not even sure where to start. I might try that.

Trial it and then maybe find some similar styles that you could do and work with her hair? Potentially look into using the clip in bun makers to create the look of the bun and using her natural hair to cover?

Wedding hair can be very stressful if the client turns Bridezilla-ish. If you think this might be the case, I recommend you back out and politely refuse to do it. Sometimes, it's good to take a stand with relatives.

I haven't even done much upstyle training. My old salon got me to colour, blow wave, iron and do extensions mostly.

Can you get/borrow a dolls head to practice? Check local ads/eBay.. that's what I'm doing to build my styling confidence.. try doing a trial or two with the bride and see how you get but just be honest with her if you aren't confident enough/comfortable doing it.. explain it in a way that shows that you're declining because you want her to have the perfect day and don't think you'd be the best fit.. if you trial it, at least you can say you tried instead of flat out declining?

So my mother (bless her) has dobbed me in for hair and makeup for a friends wedding. Now I'm not an up-stylist (I mainly have delt with blow waves, extensions and colour) and this lady wants something very neat and finished. Usually I would say I can't do it but because she is a family friend I am being pressured to do so.

She has very fine hair (very cotton candy like) and it's halfway down he neck. It's curly and very pourus due to chemical damage (box dyes). Her description made it sound like anywhere between these pictures but slightly sleeker (xinjon, twists, braids);
5c93e45013127e1b9552eb77da9af400.jpg

Love these !!
IMG_3468.jpg

Now I have learned these techniques. However I really don't think she has the hair for these looks. I tried to explain that and she insisted that she believes in me and that I can pull it off.

Now her wedding isn't till September but I feel like that is no where near enough time
to get her hair back to scratch. I really feel like I need miracle to pull this off.

Latest posts

Back