Weekend away

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
Has anyone got any good uk hotels near the beach that they would recommend? We have decided to not go away this year abroad but I have booked a weekend off in august so I need ideas to where to go. I would love to stay near a beach if it's nice weather and preferably near a busy town too. My husband suggested Newquay which looks good but expensive, we are in Manchester and I like the look of Anglesey but since I have not done a lot of travelling in the uk I don't know where to start!

Has anyone got any good uk hotels near the beach that they would recommend? We have decided to not go away this year abroad but I have booked a weekend off in august so I need ideas to where to go. I would love to stay near a beach if it's nice weather and preferably near a busy town too. My husband suggested Newquay which looks good but expensive, we are in Manchester and I like the look of Anglesey but since I have not done a lot of travelling in the uk I don't know where to start!

Do you definitely want a hotel? Me and my boyfriend are going to Cornwall at the end of June and staying in a lodge. There are loads if nice ones about and better to have a space to do what you like in my opinion. Plus we have a hot tub :D we are going fri-mon and cost us £350. We also stayed in a lovely place in Yorkshire (obviously not coastal) and the Lake District is beautiful too.

Do you definitely want a hotel? Me and my boyfriend are going to Cornwall at the end of June and staying in a lodge. There are loads if nice ones about and better to have a space to do what you like in my opinion. Plus we have a hot tub :D we are going fri-mon and cost us £350. We also stayed in a lovely place in Yorkshire (obviously not coastal) and the Lake District is beautiful too.

I've done this in Cornwall. It was brilliant. We just drove to a different beach/town every day.

Oh that sounds nice! I didn't even think of this, what is it called if you don't mind? I suppose if it's not too expensive renting an apartment etc would be amazing rather than a hotel.

The one we went to was Hengar Manor in Bodmin. It was about 8 years ago. Worth checking out on the website, I think some lodges have hot tubs.

Have a look at Llandudno.
On the one hand it does attract a lot of older folk/coach parties. You do get a mix of age groups though.
On the other hand, the weather is often kind, great beach and long promenade. If the weather is poor there is a great modern theatre, excellent restaurants and many pubs/bars. There is also a wide range of accommodation. Plenty of shops.
Not too far from you, either!

We are going to Scarborough. Found a good deal on the Wowcher website. Have a look on there.
Or take a look at Haven lodges. My friend got a lodge in January (with hot tub) for 4 people, 4 nights at £70 per person.

Have a look at Llandudno.
On the one hand it does attract a lot of older folk/coach parties. You do get a mix of age groups though.
On the other hand, the weather is often kind, great beach and long promenade. If the weather is poor there is a great modern theatre, excellent restaurants and many pubs/bars. There is also a wide range of accommodation. Plenty of shops.
Not too far from you, either!

I just reread your post Mrs Blakemore and didn't realise it was just a weekend, I thought it was a week! Cornwall would definitely be too far for that. Maybe Wales then like Dande says, what about Abersoch? Very young and trendy.

Have a look at hoseasons for lodges and they have cottages on there too. I normally find they are quite good and have a few deals on!! We are staying at a place called leycroft valley.

Have a look at hoseasons for lodges and they have cottages on there too. I normally find they are quite good and have a few deals on!! We are staying at a place called leycroft valley.

Hoseasons is great for young kids.. we did those holidays a lot. I got the essential packing down to a fine art !

Hoseasons is great for young kids.. we did those holidays a lot. I got the essential packing down to a fine art !

Not just young kids. It's not all activity type caravan sites. We've booked quite a few nice cosy cottages in the middle of nowhere or lodges on beautiful sites that don't have anything at all for children. :)

Latest posts

Back