Weekend nails-Business venture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileNails

Reaction score
Hi all, iv been off salon geek for a long time now - too busy being a mummy and housewife!
I'm a trained nail tech and beauty therapist, and currently only make use of my spray tanning, which fits around the kids etc. I have no time to go back to doing nails but thought about a possible venture.
Don't shout or hate me if I get any of this wrong but that what I'm here asking for help on!

I'd love to make weekend / stick on nails to sell. There's so many of my friends that love nails but for reasons including jobs and lifestyle they can't commit to acrylic or gel, but like to have nails for a party / wedding etc. I'd do different designs etc.
I'd start selling mainly to friends etc before maybe expanding by advertising on Facebook?

Is this a good idea? I don't want to step on any local nail techs toes!

Thanx!

Loads of techs do this, I often do designs for specific people so they can use the stick on pads, while away with me my maid of honour had 7 sets made by me to match all her clothes, I also offer to clients, family and friends so wouldn't worry loads of us do it

I love this idea - are there any tutorials on how to do this? Where do you buy products etc

I have also thought about this:) I started off offering "Weekend nails" as full well nail tips with nail polish but with the time it takes to size and blend tips and the amount I could charge it just wasn't worth it.... Where can you buy full coverage tips that do the job? I haven't seen any where I live...

I have also thought about this:) I started off offering "Weekend nails" as full well nail tips with nail polish but with the time it takes to size and blend tips and the amount I could charge it just wasn't worth it.... Where can you buy full coverage tips that do the job? I haven't seen any where I live...

They sell a big box in Superdrug but obv these aren't professional ones so if anyone knows where to pick up professional ones I'm all ears x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I would like to know too! Good idea.

I've been toying with this idea for a while now. I want do to really fun and funky custom nails for drag queens, who usually have thumbs and the occasional other finger that full-coverage nails dont fit. Was thinking of slathering on the solar oil and then doing a gel overtop, so that the nails just pop off but haven't done this yet, not sure if it'll work... has anyone tried this? Will this idea work/ does anyone have any other suggestions?

Latest posts

Back