Weekend nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've heard this a few times but just wanted to clarify what it is! I've heard you apply a tip and blend it in and just apply a polish over it. Would this last? I was thinking of just putting a really thin layer of acrylic on top before the polish x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I had the same query recently. Someone very clever recommended I do tip n dip and someone else very clever recommended I add the cost of removal onto a service

Yes it would last the weekend. They're pretty decent effect for short term. Of course you could apply acrylic to make them last longer but then the point of these nails are literally just for the weekend (For NHS workers etc)

x

When I was shown weekend nails or party nails as the tutor called them we were shown to use the products you would use with silk / fibreglass so resin and activator then apply polish last xx

Probally a realy silly question but how would you recomend they remove any remaining party nails x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Anyone tried weekend nails with a very short tip and then a gel polish over them x

Anyone tried weekend nails with a very short tip and then a gel polish over them x

I have. It works just fine. Lasted the client 2 days (she came in on a Saturday to have them for a Sunday wedding) then she came in to have them removed. It probably could've lasted her a week, but her occupation didn't allow her to have anything on her nails. x

I've done it on myself too, used Gelsh color with 2 top coats and got a week out of them. I'm very hard on my nails too.

Thanks for the replays guys, was just wondering how much more you charge if using tips and do you add your removal to the price? X

Oooh this is interesting to find out, when I did my training the tutor said that weekend nails were a white tip (rather than natural) with clear L&P/gel over the top. I always did wonder how you could make them look decent on people that have short nail beds etc. This is why I love Salon Geek!! Thank you

Latest posts

Back