weekenders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scissors2005

Reaction score
i understand that some people offer a service called weekenders which is stick on nails for people who dont want anything permanent,but would like their nails done temporarily for a special occasion,i was wondering could you give me any idea what you would charge for this service as i m thinking of offering this to some of my clients who cant have permanent nail extensions for whatever reason.Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully recieved,

thanks,tracey.

We've just opened a salon and are planning to stock some "weekenders" aswell. Not sure where to get them from just yet but hope to get some ideas from GMEX next month.

Try NailOrder - they do 'pre designed express nails', which are on their site (or pages 22 and 23 of the paper catalogue/pdf).
They say they originally planned them as weekenders, but they last up to 2 weeks or so, so would work for a holiday, too, maybe, and soak off in acetone.
They have over 20 designs in varying lengths, and cost £6.95 pre VAT for a box of 24 tips. They recommend you charge £15-20 per set, although I guess that would depend what local prices for a full set were.
I'm pretty sure there are other suppliers that will stock them too.

I was thinking of offering these as I know none of the local salons stock them currently, but I wasn't sure if I could afford to keep enough designs in stock at one time. There's the question of initial outlay - what if you pick, say, 6 designs to stock, some are really popular, and you never shift the others..?

By the way, I'm not breaking any forum rules by mentioning suppliers or costs, am I? I hope I'm just being helpful, but I thought I remembered seeing once someone saying 'PM me with costs as I know we're not allowed to discuss prices'. Am I being bad here?:o

Are these the same as you can get in places like Boots or Superdrug for like half the price? My sister in law won't let me do her nails 'cos she has these & everyone thinks they look wonderful! (She's a singer, so people don't get that close, I suppose.) Also, if these stay on up to 2 weeks, is there not a problem with moisture/bacteria getting underneath?

thanks for your replies i think the idea is for them to just last a few days and then take them off,although i guess they may last longer on some people.You can buy pr4e designed ones or why not just put on plain ones and paint them they wouldnt look so false then,i just wondered if anyone new how much to charge,i realise it might depend on the area that you live but i dont know of anyone that does them in my area.

tracey

I have purchased some of these pre-designed tips but to date I haven't had any client request them!!! ;)

As far as I was aware they are only designed to be on the nail for a few days, due to moisture getting under. Teena, my hairdresser used to wear them all the time (mainly because they were cheap at Superdrugs). She wore them for over a year, just replacing them when one fell off. She then came to see me as she wanted enhancements, but I had to send her to the doctor as every nail had gone green and several had developed a fungal infection :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sarah Lou, do many of the salons around you offer them? If so phone around for some prices.

Kind Regards
Louise

I too had a client yesterday who was a hairdresser. She had been wearing "Stick-on falsies" for 6 weeks, and had come to me because she couldn't get them off her nails!! SHe wanted me to do a fill on them !!!!LOL

I managed to persuade her that this was NOT an option, and after removing her stick ons, and discovering a "greenie" - she had a change of heart and ended up walking out the door with a beautiful set of P&W 2 hours later! 100% job satisfaction;)

When I was at college we were taught that weekenders were just blended in tips (like you would do before fiberglass) then you polish over them. Last up to a week but normally only a few days and dont look false! you dont have to buy loads of different designs that way either, just use the natural tips you already have. obviously if they wanted any designs you would have to do them yourself. I would charge £12 - £15 for these, depends what your full set price is really to how you charge for them? hth x

I cannot understand why any nail technician would buy a special system to do this service when you already have everything you need to do it and In a more sanitary way.

Prep, apply a normal tip that covers just half the nail plate, blend and either apply a couple of coats of resin or just buff gently and paint. They will last the weekend perfectly and sometimes longer, and they are not unsanitary.

Stick on nails of any variety should carry a health warning in my opinion. Discustingly filthy after 48 hours and if worn longer will surely result in a bacterial infection. They are only meant for short term wear and when women take it into their own hands to apply them (usually with super glue - a big no no) and wear them for months at a time, they are asking for trouble big time.

geeg said:
I cannot understand why any nail technician would buy a special system to do this service when you already have everything you need to do it and In a more sanitary way.

Prep, apply a normal tip that covers just half the nail plate, blend and either apply a couple of coats of resin or just buff gently and paint. They will last the weekend perfectly and sometimes longer, and they are not unsanitary.

Stick on nails of any variety should carry a health warning in my opinion. Discustingly filthy after 48 hours and if worn longer will surely result in a bacterial infection. They are only meant for short term wear and when women take it into their own hands to apply them (usually with super glue - a big no no) and wear them for months at a time, they are asking for trouble big time.
Another thing that worries me about stick on nails - surely the bacteria & filth that can build up under them can be ingested, either directly from the fingers or through contact with food, eg make sarnies for your little ones then they eat the sarnies! EEEUUUUGGGHHH!!! Could spell major probs as far as I'm concerned!

PS I used these a couple of times years ago, they came with double sided sticky tabs, I pulled them off! Very painful, that's why I stopped using them! There were NO instructions on how to remove them!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, eh!?

I agree with Geeg, the home applied stick ons are a health hazard :twisted:
The only type that I think are just OK are the ready glued ones from places like Boots. They only last a day (or night) and come off in warm water so no damage.
The method Geeg described is perfect for 'weekenders' and much more professional.
This is the method I use for all my sessions work. I strongly disagree with sessions techs that apply L&P for a shoot. It is so irresponsible but maybe I should keep quiet about that because it may be one of the reasons that I get so much work!!!! :p

Marian

good to know i was taught something right then!

Aspirations said:
When I was at college we were taught that weekenders were just blended in tips (like you would do before fiberglass) then you polish over them. Last up to a week but normally only a few days and dont look false! you dont have to buy loads of different designs that way either, just use the natural tips you already have. obviously if they wanted any designs you would have to do them yourself. I would charge £12 - £15 for these, depends what your full set price is really to how you charge for them? hth x
Hi Sherrie it does help thanks x

Latest posts

Back