Weight loss - how do you stay motivated?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
hi everyone!

Just wondered if any of you are embarking on a weight loss journey and how you keep motivated?

I need to lose 2 stones, have only lost 1 since having my girl 2 years ago :( I find it so difficult to stay motivated!!! I seem to do great for a week or so, lose a few pounds then one small thing upsets me (emotional eater much?!?!) or a friend invites me for dinner and it all goes to pot!!!

eating is defo the issue, I enjoy exercise so go to them gym when i can (1-2x per week) and walk with the pram, due to start doing zumba and dance on my wii again when Nicky is in bed!

I've been hovering at this weight for a while but I'm fed up being the biggest of my friends (Im a 16 which I know is normal, but my friends are mostly gorgeous size 10/12s) xxx

ps tried myfitnesspal app, great while i was on but kinda fell away from it xxx

Hello. I don't really have much advice to give but just wanted to let you know I am the same. I'm good for a few weeks, if even that, and then back to eating junk. I really need to kick it into gear as I am really unhappy with my weight. I'm starting back at the gym with a personal trainer and I'm hoping that will get me going. I can recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Its only 30 mins and you get such a good workout. I got the dvds out of order and did week 3 by accident first. I did it but could barely walk the next day. Lol. Great workout for at home though. Good luck with the weight loss and stay strong.

Don't laugh or think I'm being funny but there is a book called "run fat bitch run" by Ruth Field. Really motivating :)

Don't laugh or think I'm being funny but there is a book called "run fat bitch run" by Ruth Field. Really motivating :)

Lmao. I love it. I'm going to have to look for that.

I'm always losting a few pounds then gaining a few pounds... was getting a bit obsessive about it.
Then started a bootcamp fitness three times a week and didnt worry too much about the diet. I have been doing the work outs three times a week and haven't lost a pound. But I feel much fitter and stronger and people notice it a little.
I asked my trainer what is happening with me... he says
'You can't out train a bad diet'
Basically I have to give up my few ole sweets and the little odd biscuit and the rare once a week takeaways..
I just don't want to face the facts... I can't eat what I want :'(
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Salo
nGeek

Sounds silly but I find watching Strictly keeps me motivated. Knowing that I used to be that thin and fit and I could still look like that now. The olympics helped me in a similar way so maybe finding something aspirational to look at on a regular basis.

I am also currently training to be a personal trainer and I know I have to get into shape to get clients - no one wants advice from a flabby PT!!

My problem is when I get stressed, I turn to food to make me feel better, and at the moment I am feeling very stressed! But I ask myself do I want to spend the rest of my youth flabby and unfit or looking my best and wearing what I want? I wont be young forever!

Motivation is something I really struggle with too. I lost 3 stone about 2 years ago and have put almost 2 back on and I'm so gutted. All that hard work!

I am a bridesmaid next year for my brother's wedding so that is something that's keeping me motivated right now.

Plus I have this awesome dress that is too small for me but I want to be able to wear it to the christmas party, so I'm dragging my lazy ass to the gym more often and trying to stick to my calories.

I find myfitnesspal a great help with calories. With exercise, I do dance classes that I LOVE. Also I do classes rather than just the gym, because they're more fun that trogging away on a treadmill to me. Although I do actually enjoy a bit of running now and then.

I find that looking and talking to a friend who has been on the same weight loss programme as me for the last 16 months and lost over 10 stone is enough motivation for me :)

I'm a total yoyo dieter & exerciser. Always fluctuate between a 12 & 16 (& sometimes the 16s are far too tight). A girl I know had a hypnotic gastric band a few months ago & now lost nearly 4 stone! I've been out a wee run tonight & going to start the 30 day shred right now!!!
Xxx

i need this in my life haha!!

I'm a total yoyo dieter & exerciser. Always fluctuate between a 12 & 16 (& sometimes the 16s are far too tight). A girl I know had a hypnotic gastric band a few months ago & now lost nearly 4 stone! I've been out a wee run tonight & going to start the 30 day shred right now!!!
Xxx

yeah? i seen these treatments advertised on the dreaded groupon a few times and have been tempted, but I didnt know anyone that had done it!!!

going to start on myfitnesspal again, and just basically man up!! need to get a grip, im 29 and would prefer to look how i did at 20, a very tight toned 12!! maybe I'll pop some old skating/dancing pics on the fridge with "remember this fat girl?!" written underneath. that might help......

Im an emotional eater but i suppose its just habit so will need to get on with it lol!

caz well done to your friend 10 stone is amazing!! does she feel fabulous now? xxx

It's hard, there's no doubt.

I find having a goal that is not too far in the future really helps. Also, to plan meals so that I don't get caught out and then make bad choices.

Probably the biggest thing I do is allow myself a day when I eat what I want. This way I don't feel deprived as this is the biggest issue for me.

It's hard, there's no doubt.

I find having a goal that is not too far in the future really helps. Also, to plan meals so that I don't get caught out and then make bad choices.

Probably the biggest thing I do is allow myself a day when I eat what I want. This way I don't feel deprived as this is the biggest issue for me.

good shout... i like the "day off" idea, not to pig out but just to relax a little. im so bad at planning meals as i change my mind constantly lol! Im going to aim for 7lbs at a time.... and going to aim to do each 7lbs in about 4weeks, so if its any faster then great, any slower then il need to get a grip a bit more!!
Im terrible for wanting a quick fix though, hate working so hard all week and only losing 1lb!! xxx

Latest posts

Back